Offers Indian cuisine from various regions of India: Gujarati, Jain South, North, and Punjabi. Dairy is used in many dishes. Near BTS Nana and Robinsons. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, Indian
153 Sukhumvit Soi 11/1 (Main Rd corner)
Bangkok, Thailand

kiki sound
kiki sound

nice food, not cheap

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

this restaurant is located next to nana skytrain station
on the main road
I personaly hate AC, and places with AC all over Asia tend to freeze you to death, this place has a tiny small terrace outside where you can have your food at normal tempurature, will this be one of the reasons why I love to eat street food?
this is not a cheap restaurant, very high priced if you compare to the thai standards, but ok for a veggie treat once in a while passing thru bkk
the service here is not very fast, again, I don't mind waiting for my food, it means it's been made, not microwaved (Ihope)
the pani puris or golgapas are a bit big for one bite but they taste really good, the best ones I had in Bangkok
the different thalis are good, not great, but good and most of the items of the menu I've tasted were very nice
been going back several times, and defenitly will go back next visit in Bangkok!
Updated from previous review on Monday May 19, 2014

Updated from previous review on Monday May 19, 2014

Pros: my best Bangkok pani puris, next to the station, good food
Cons: expensive, cold inside (AC)
nielswied
nielswied

Fine restaurant

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

Khana Khazana is a fine, very easy to find Indian restaurant in a buzzing area of Bangkok. Good food, agreeable staff.
I ordered two tali, payed the bill and gave a tip. The waiter gave me my tip back, which I did not understand. Later I discovered that the tali price was all included. Very honest indeed.
During our short intermittent stays in Bangkok we had three times dinner there.

Pros: good food in great variation, nice staff, decent prices
Cons: no cons
Miggi
Miggi

Huge veggie Indian menu

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

Easy to find on the corner of the street, right near the skytrain station with a HUGE illuminated Vegetarian sign! They have a massive menu of dishes, including some we'd not heard of before.
There is a lot of dairy - particularly in the drinks, though there are juices and teas too. But with so much choice on the menu it's not hard to find something.
The person who served us didn't have great English and one of our starters didn't come.
But the food we had was tasty and the portions were filling. We tried a channa yam starter, regular dosa and one with mint and onion in the dosa.
Pleasant atmosphere with a diverse mix of diners including local Indian families, good air-con and windows onto a busy corner of the street if you like watching traffic and people go by.
At about 700 BHT for 2 (including drinks) it isn't cheap by Thai standards but similar to the similar places in the area and we actually preferred it to Dosa King.

Pros: Massive range of interesting food, Good flavours, Atmosphere
Cons: Could mark vegan dishes on menu, Forgot a dish we ordered

BramDeSaedeleer
BramDeSaedeleer

A bite of India

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2012

Wide choice of Indian food. Great taste, they know how to use the ingredients. A bit expensive for Thai standards, but still ok. I always have the impression they didn't turn on half the lights in the place, sometimes a bit dark. Adds to the atmosphere, I guess. After all, you are there to eat, not to live. And eat I did, a lot, very tasty, and just the right amount of spicyness.
Located right at a BTS station, so easy to reach, no traffic problems.

Pros: Extensive menu, Location
PauPau
PauPau

too expensive.

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2012

One of few restaurants that i didn't enter because prices absurd high. Staff outside the shop was trying to stare me away. I've heard this restaurant has two menu's; one for the local Indian customers with normal prices and another menu with high prices for YOU; the tourist ! LOL.

Pros: Expensive
Kazi
Kazi

Irresistibly scrumptious

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

I'm a vegan and usually don't eat dairy produce.
But sometimes want to eat rich and strong taste food like Indian food.
Khana Khazana has a great variation of food and you can simply ask staffs what fits your taste or condition.
You will be impressed with variety of Indian tradition and want to have meal here again!

Pros: Delicious , Various

Dear Owner and Manager of Khana Khazana: