Second Khai Minh restaurant. Emphasis is on food made with heirloom red rice including pancakes, noodles, teas, desserts, and crackers. No added sugar or MSG. Also sells macrobiotic packaged food and books. Has Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Vietnamese, Macrobiotic, Take-out

Mon-Sun 6:00am-9:00pm

First Review by little.thu
chrisford67
chrisford67

Delivers on its promise

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2015

Uncomplicated, healthy macrobiotic food. Quality seems good and all well prepared.

We had sushi, Pho, Breadfruit (especially tasty) and sautéed vegetables.

Good value - all dishes are $1.00-$1.50 each.

Menu now also in English (some older reviews imply it didn't used to be).

Pretty easy to find - right at the intersection and a big sign facing the road. $2 in a taxi from our hotel.

Staff helpful, although limited English when we went - point and smile worked just fine.

Kimxula
Kimxula

Had a better experience at Khai Minh 1

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

Maybe it's because I was really hungry by the time I arrived at Khai Minh 2, but my experience on the whole was quite underwhelming. It took a while for anyone to notice I was there and they were all out of My Quang and the other noodle dishes, which was quite disappointing. So the waitress suggested I get one of the rice dish sets....I was highly disappointed - the portion sizes were so small and rather bland (see pic uploaded). It's probably because I am not used to the principles of the Oshawa (I think that's what it was called?) diet these lunch sets follow, but nevertheless I wasn't too impressed. I really love Khai Minh 1 in Binh Tanh district and had much more favourable experiences there, so probably won't be going back to Khai Minh 2.

Pros: Macrobiotic, Sells products too, Inexpensive
Cons: Most menu items weren't available , Rice lunch sets - small portions
georgieboy
georgieboy

A real cut above any vegan restaurant in Saigon

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

Quan Luc Khai Minh knows what hollistic means.

Delicious.
Super healthy, food as a medicine.
No sugar/MSG/additives.
100% organic food.
Super friendly.
Family-run, homemade.
Cheap. (1-2$/meal, 0.5$ for tea kettle of cereal milk (worth a try)).

There's simply no other places like it that I can think of in Vietnam. Come and try the macrobiotic diet. We are what we eat !

This is the first of two shops, it is (very) slightly more expensive than the one in Binh thanh (http://www.happycow.net/reviews/khai-minh-1-ho-chi-minh-city-43825) but the decoration is nicer. The owner is fluent English, which is also a plus !

Pros: Super friendly, Healthy cheap and delicious, Fluent english if owner is here
Cons: Might be a bit hard to spot

enRoute
enRoute

Unique spot outside of the center

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2014

A bit of a trek to get to, but the map is accurate and it's possible to walk from the center (around 30 minutes). They pride themselves on healthy, organic, macrobiotic selections. Menu is in Viet but the owner is patient and very happy to see foreigners. Try their pho; very different from the norm, with caramelized onions, and dark, whole noodles. They also sell tasty whole-grain rice snacks and other macro supplies.

Opens at 6 a.m. every day, the neighborhood is great to wander through in the early morning before it gets too hectic. When I was there, they were playing selections from Khanh Ly's Sonca albums, which made the pleasant atmosphere even nicer.

Pros: Macrobiotic, Friendly, Cheap
Cons: No English on menu, Far from center, A bit bland by design
little.thu
little.thu

Macrobiotic food

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2013

Same menu with Khai Minh 1. They're brothers.
The restaurant is in the corner of Ngo Quyen-Dao Duy Tu street, dist.10. They can deliver to you, but you have to pay the xe om's charge.

Pros: cheap, delicious, healthy, delivery
Cons: time-consuming because the food will, be prepared when you order.

Dear Owner and Manager of Khai Minh 2: