CLOSED: Kepa Cafe

Eco coffee shop serving vegetarian and vegan food with an international menu. Vegan choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Has cake and drinks include herbal teas, decaf coffees, green smoothies, yerba mate. Brunch buffet spread on some weekends. Confirmed closed, Sep 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, International, Buffet
Finlandzka 12a
Warsaw, Poland

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by judyta
natalye
natalye

More miss than hit

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

I had high hopes for Kepa, but it just did not deliver. When we went, they were out of the majority of the items that we wanted, so we ended up having to "piece together" a sandwich based on what was leftover. As for what we got, it was fine, but nothing special or delicious. We also tried the cookies and they were super bland. I would have maybe liked to have tried the brunch, but after such a lackluster experience, there were other places in Warsaw I preferred to visit. Also, when we arrived, we asked if everything was vegan and were told "yes." Since we couldn't read the menus (only in Polish) we trusted that. Later, on the Internet, I read that it's vegetarian with some vegan options, and not all vegan... but luckily they were out of the cheese that day as well...

Pros: Free Wifi, Low prices
Cons: Ran out of ingredients
elenilikesfood
elenilikesfood

vegan theme brunches

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

I have been to the brunch a couple of times now, and it's slowly becoming a sunday regular event for me. So far, every time there has been a different theme (finnish, american, spanish) with vegan versions of traditional national dishes - I guess referring to the district they are seated in, where each street is named after another nation. At 20 zl this is quite a good offer, especially because the brunch goes on for a long time. Everything I tasted so far was very tasty and a healthy and creative welcome exception from the hummus and falafel domination in vegan Warsaw ;) There are about 4 or 5 small tables, so you have to be lucky a bit. The service is super friendly, english is no problem but they will honor if you try in polish ;-)

judyta
judyta

great place!

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2013

Very convenient location, 2 minutes by foot from the National Stadium, though in a very quiet street (which is possibly the reason why it is rather empty during the day). The decoration is quite typical for such places; what makes it special are the various books about Warsaw and the district (Saska Kępa) laying around.
They call themself "cafe" but you can always get something tasty (and vegan) to eat, pies or salads for instance. On Sundays there are brunches as well, which are highly recommendable (one of the yummiest hummus I have ever eaten!)
Many kinds of smoothie’s (some of them contain milk) and tea, good fair trade coffee.
Very kind staff.