Kenyan Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe offering cuisine from Kenya. A handful of dishes are labeled vegetarian. Known for Kenyan chai teas and Kenyan coffee. Made-in-house signature hot sauces sold on premises. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
African, Kenyan, Take-out, Organic, Delivery, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by darrellab
darrellab
darrellab

A Rare Find of African Cuisine

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

Who knew I could find authentic, flavorful Kenyan cuisine on my second (and last) night in Morgantown, WV? I had a delightfully tasty plate of vegan beans/lentils, yellow rice, and plantain. I topped it off with homemade hot sauce for some extra kick.

There are of course non-veg*n items on the menu. The owner clarifies the most of the items on the vegetarian section of the menu are vegan. Note that the chai teas were not, however, as they contain dairy. Fortunately I asked as he was quickly ready to provide samples upon entering the restaurant.

The staff was great, and constantly checked in to ensure the guests were enjoying our meals.

Should I return to the area, Kenyan Cafe will definitely be on my list.

Pros: flavorful food, good portions, reasonably priced

Dear Owner and Manager of Kenyan Cafe: