Organic restaurant serving healthy meals made in an open kitchen. Menus of 4 or 5 courses, includes raw, vegan, and celiac options. Choose from the daily menu: rice or quinoa wok, sandwiches on organic bread, chapati or gluten-free linseed roll. Also available salads, soups, lemonade, cocktails, and natural juices. All vegan as of May 2012. REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED in early 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, International, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine
El Salvador 5783, Palermo (Carranza)
Buenos Aires, Argentina 1414
011-4778-0655

Open Tue-Sat 12-3pm, 8pm-12am, Sun12-4pm.

First Review by Domie
DIANE240378
DIANE240378

might be closed

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

I went here twice during my visit in may, once at lunch time & again at night both on different days &it was closed. I was so disappointed as i was looking forward to trying it

EzzieGriffin
EzzieGriffin

great food, zilch vibe

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

Just had a delicious meal of a minty fresh quinoa salad and pumpkin gnocchi. Absolutely scrummy. It was just a shame that the venue itself was lacking..atmosphere and personality. Lovely attentive staff who did great considering she was the only one on the floor on a Friday night but it doesn't help the fact that there was just no vibe at the place.

travellingAnna
travellingAnna

AMAZING restaurant

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

This place really exceeded my expectations. The food was very tasty, so yummy I ended up licking my fingers afterwards. The chef and the staff were super attentive and you could see they really believe in their business. I loved the casual- chique design that didn't try too hard but still exhumed elegance. Having lived in London for a while and knowing the vegan/ veggie scene, I can say that I have never had such a tasty meal there- this was much better. Top notch. Considering it's all organic and the portions are pretty large, the price is very good as well. Just go.

aleal
aleal

Best vegan restaurant in Buenos Aires

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2012

Simply put, the food was inspired. Although there are limited main dishes, we were able to try quite a few as we were with a group and each dish was beautiful, different and delicious. The dips and crackers were very tasty and a wonderful way to start off the meal. The service was great and the our waitress knew all the ingredients and how each item was made. Big Plus is that this restaurant is now ALL VEGAN! Limited tables so you should make a reservation for an evening meal.

Pros: excellent food, great service, all vegan
Cons: somewhat drab decor
e37e
e37e

HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

Had a tasteless overpriced meal at a cold atmosphere. The place is not taken care of at all. It pretends to be a modern place and it is so tacky, so cold, so pretentious. The food was whatever as well as the service. The juices were good. The ice-cream was yummy but ridiculously overpriced. The worst vegetarian restaurant I've been in BA. BTW if you go, be careful with the nail on the lady's bathroom door. I am putting two cows on the rating because it is the minimum allowed, but it deserves none. Sorry to be so straight-forward, but I was astonished to see it had a 5 cow rating and just had to tell you guys the truth and save vegetarians from the same dull and sad experience I had.

Pros: JUICES
Cons: TERRIBLE CHOICE, COLD ATMOSPHERE, OVERPRICED
floconnor
floconnor

Excellent

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

One of the best vegan restaurants I have ever known. Friendly staff, excelente food (including a lot of raw options) and nive enviroment. Definitely the best place I have ever eaten in Buenos Aires.

Pros: Excellent food, Plenty of raw options, Envioroment
Emma Serjeant
Emma Serjeant

top notch buenos aires restaurant

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

Absolutely a world class standard at Kensho. simple and stylish atmosphere. My friend and I went there today and with a whole 10 words of spanish between us, the waiter immediately got a staff member who could speak english to tell us about the menu. Very helpful and we chose the set menu, 3 courses for 55pesos. approx AUS$12. The meal was completely vegan and coeliac friendly. Pumpkin soup entree, the most divine savoury crepe i have ever savoured and a chocolate brownie for desert.
Most of the menu is vegan, some of it raw and all clearly labelled as to vegan, coeliac and raw foods. You can either pick and mix from the menu or choose their daily set menus where you can choose 2 or 3 courses and filtered water. Absolute bargain and having eaten in some of the other vegetarian places in the area i would rate this one the highest on all levels of taste and service.

Ethan
Ethan

Mostly Vegan Gem in Palermo Hollywood

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2011

We wanted to walk around Palermo Hollywood and then Palermo Soho, so we went to KENSHO for lunch. It was a Thursday and it was 2 PM, so things were very quiet and slow which turned out to be lovely for us.

The restaurant is a crisp, modern, minimalist space and it really has a nice, open-kitchen vibe. Everyone working there was very friendly and helpful. I'm 100% Vegan and I was impressed; Over 80-90% of the menu items are vegan. They conveniently mark items with icons for being vegan, Gluten Free, etc... which was SUPER helpful.

We ended up doing the special of the day which was an appetizer two mains and a dessert and we loved it all. Everything was very fresh and clearly tasted organic.

I think it's a pity that this is listed here at Vegetarian because that listing usually deters Vegans (like me) from thinking of it as the amazingly viable food option it is. We're here for 5 more days and hope to be back again before we leave.

Pros: Vegan Options Abound, Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff
Cons: No English Menus (but the staff help)
Garnacha
Garnacha

Beautiful Tasty Modern Veg Cuisine

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2010

Can compete with top veggie restaurants we've eaten at anywhere in the world. Clean minimal decor frames colorful Asian / tinged cuisine. Lots of raw choices and mostly although not 100% vegan. Fine wine list with biodynamic and organic selections.

Pros: Excellent creative cuisine. , Decor, Friendly service
Cons: Not cheap
Domie
Domie

Crown Jewel of Veg Restaurants in BA

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2010

A visit to Kensho is a culinary art experience yet prices are reasonable. The chef is a true master and "alchemist" who, I learned, trained at the top veg restaurants in BA, then prepared meals for 12 out if his home for 6 years before opening Kensho. The menu offers veg, vegan and raw choices - all delicious and unforgettable. The wine list is excellent. One of the best vegan experiences in BA, possibly the world. Enjoy!

Pros: Excellent Food, Amazing desserts, Great wine list
Cons: Beautiful space but needs art, warmth

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Kensho: