Serves meat, veg options available. Quaint shop is located in the Daimyo section of Fukuoka, one of the shopping hotspots in Kyushu. This is also an area where vegetarian and vegan options are extremely hard to find. The menu includes several choices for vegans and vegetarians: falafel (aka tamiya), hummus, and baba ganoush. All vegan items are marked as such on the menu and the Sudanese owner is a fluent speaker of both English and Japanese. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Take-out, Sudanese, Middle Eastern, Non-veg
1-17-103 Fukuoka-shi
Fukuoka, Japan
092-716-9192

Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-3pm, 5-10pm, closed Mon.

First Review by trombleyal
lovingkarma
lovingkarma

Yummmm

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Kebabooz is a small but fantastic place that is easy to find in Fukuoka. I had falafels and hummus and they were so delicious! The menu clearly marks what is vegan, vegetarian and halal. The staff were friendly and it was a great dining experience. I recommend it!

Pros: Delicious food, Reasonable prices, Non-smoking
RoseWolf
RoseWolf

Phenomenal Falafels

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

This lovely little specialty restaurant serves authentic Sudanese dishes such as fuul, hummus, and baba ganoush, but their crowning achievement may be their exquisitely spiced Falafels which were certainly among the best Falafels I've ever had in my life. They also serve soft serve ice cream and an eggless bread dessert.

The menu is available in English and the staff speak English as well and are very friendly and accommodating. When they accidentally brought us the meat sandwich instead of the falafel sandwich we ordered, they took it back no problem. My friend and I even had the pleasure of talking to the shop owner's husband, who happened to be working there that day, and heard the story behind their move to Japan! Not only that, but he kept the shop open a little late for us. Overall wonderful place, highly recommended.

Pros: Fantastic food, Friendly staff, Quick preparation time
Daifuku
Daifuku

It's my fav!

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

When I tried Kebabooz for the first time about a year ago, I sighed n thought, Finally!!
Living in Japan for over 5yrs now, it's always been a challenge to find anything decent to eat outside that doesn't have meat or meat stock in it! For Japanese people, fish doesn't mean meat, and they don't consider the Katsuoboshi, (stock taken from bonito fish) they don't consider it non-vegetarian!
However in Kebabooz, though it's not a totally vegetarian restaurant, my appetite was well satisfied! Love the friendly atmosphere too!

One thing that makes my visits shorter but not less frequent, is smoking prohibition, while I understand the need to, since it's a small place, but my BF always wants to hit the road as soon as we are done eating so he can hold his tiny babe between his fingers, and burn it!

Pros: Right in downtown!, Wallet friendly!
Cons: non smoking!
trombleyal
trombleyal

Hidden Treasure!!!

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

The great thing about Kebabooz is that you almost can't find it unless you are looking for it. It is down a narrow alley within another alley right smack-dab in the middle of Fukuoka. This Sudanese restaurant offers delicious healthy food that is vegan friendly. The owners are often there working and are very personable. I think they only employ one other person so you feel like you are visiting your cool exotic cousins that cook awesome food every time you go there & you can escape the hustle and bustle of the city in this tiny, calm place. Everything tastes so fresh too. If you don't speak Japanese, don't worry. There is an English menu & they speak fluent English as well! If you are in Fukuoka it is a must!

Pros: Calm atmosphere, Friendly, multi-lingual staff, Great food!

Dear Owner and Manager of Kebabooz: