Serves meat, veg options available. Casual setting. Offers some vegetarian choices which might include cheese manakeesh, falafel, vegetable kabobs, curried tempeh wrap, curried lentil soup, and zataar manakeesh flatbread with sesame seeds and spices. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Middle Eastern, Take-out, Non-veg
1004 NW Newport
Bend, Oregon 97701
541-318-6224

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by bendveg99
violet976
violet976

Great vegan food in a friendly, cozy atmosphere

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

We checked HappyCow before a trip to Bend in the hopes of finding a good vegan restaurant to enjoy. Upon seeing the positive reviews, we decided to give Kebaba a try. It was the perfect choice, with many vegan options, friendly staff and delicious food. We got one of the sampler platters, a chickpea burger, eggplant soup and a side of falafels. Everything was well prepared. My only complaint would be that the menu did not list items as vegan, but the staff seemed very knowledgeable about which options were vegan and were happy to help us choose.

Definitely a place to try out. I wish we had restaurants like this in the Medford area... I'd be eating here every week.

Pros: Many great, vegan options, Reasonably priced, Friendly staff
Cons: Vegan options not well marked, Serves both meat & vegan options
hippublican
hippublican

Great atmosphere!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2010

This cozy restaurant had good, reasonably priced vegetarian options. We were very pleased.
I had the mezze sampler and I particularly liked the hush-puppy things (I don't know the real name). I'd go again!

Pros: good portions, reasonably priced, friendly service
Beezelbarb
Beezelbarb

Best Vegan Options in Bend

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2010

Since Bend doesn't even have a vegetarian (let alone vegan) restaurant, Kebaba is by far my favorite restaurant in town. There are many vegan items on the menu and the food has been consistently excellent over many years. The prices are reasonable, especially at lunch. Items off the top of my head that are vegan include the Curried Lentil Soup (and often a seasonal soup), the Hummous, Babaganouj, and Karnabeet appetizers, freshly made warm Pita (to die for - and $1!), Zataar Manakeesh (a favorite), Curried Tempeh (a favorite), Falafel, and Veggie Wrap sandwiches... Eric is very friendly and open to working with the vegan community. He also sends out killer weekly Twitter Tuesday specials (often vegan options) and a monthly e-coupon. I've only occasionally encountered grumpy staff there - and usually only during dinner rush, during which they wait tables. Other than that, everyone seems happy to be there. It's small and sometimes hard to find a table, but the Kebubble can't be beat with heaters on a porch wrapped in plastic to keep the chill out.

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly, Kebubble
Cons: Vegan items not labeled as vegan

patrickrath
patrickrath

Great Mediterranean

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2010

If you're put off by restaurants that serve meat, don't go here, but know you'll be missing out. The setting and menu are great. I've had few better Mediterranean meals. My girlfriend and I split a platter ($25), which allows for a lot of choices. We ended up with hummus, tabbouleh, falafel, curried tempeh salad, pita, zatar pizza and a super tasty tahini cauliflower dish with sumac and lemon. Don't forego the cauliflower or the zatar bread/pizza. The beer list is also good.

nicoledgraziano
nicoledgraziano

Excellent and memorable

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2010

We ordered the mezze sampler. Everything was excellent! What particularly stood out was the karnabeet (roasted cauliflower), harissa hummus, falafel, curried tempeh and Zataar Manakeesh. Excellent beer selection too. Sitting outside is very pretty and relaxing. If I lived nearby, I'd go all the time.

Pros: excellent food, outdoor seating, drink selection
moglig
moglig

Great flavors

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2010

I got the curried tempeh wrap and curried lentil soup. It was very tasty. The french fries were good too. There were several vegan options it seems. The Reggae music was a little annoying to my taste, but the decorations was nice. Prices were good for how much food you got.

bendveg99
bendveg99

Great veg and vegan fare

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2009

I love this place. Small and homey. They have so many veg and vegan options. Traditional mid east dishes are awesome and authentic. I particularly love the curried tempeh and the karnabeet (cauliflowe). Staff is great, too. oh yeah, local kombucha on TAP!

Pros: Great value, healthy, fresh
Cons: sometimes crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Kebaba: