Kayak Kafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Sample menu items such as tofu tacos, fresh salad, sandwiches, soups, and coffee. Located inside the entrance to a gym, casual with a nice atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg
1 E Broughton St (Bull St)
Savannah, Georgia
912-233-6044

Open Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 11am-5pm.

First Review by navski
TheVeganVagabond
TheVeganVagabond

One of my favorites!

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Kayak strives to use all organic ingredients, and the atmosphere is modern and pleasant. I usually order the Mexican Chicken Salad minus the chicken and dairy and add tofu. The salads are LARGE and wonderful! They recently added a vegan black bean burger to the menu. Thick tomato soup, guacamole...oh my gosh, I LOVE that place!

Pros: Flavorful, Outdoor seating, Friendly
Cons: Sometimes crowded
SLC
SLC

Lovely pet friendly place with good food

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2013

I ordered the tofu tacos and loved them. I just think that $11 is somewhat more than necessary; they are tacos after all. I really liked the fact that they also offered beer which I thought was surprising for a place like this. And it should be mentioned that the staff was lovely.

Pros: Pet friendly outdoor seating, great tacos, serve beer
debbykasson
debbykasson

One of my FAVs

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Love, love, love this place...not only will they cater to the vegan diet but they will make suggestions to make it even better!

MaryAnnHofmann
MaryAnnHofmann

Amazing food!

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

We ate here on December 24, 2012. We were looking for Thai food, but happened upon Kayak Kafe. We ordered the Vegetarian Salad and the Tofu Burritos. Both were amazing. The tofu burritos were the best thing I had ever tasted wrapped in a tortilla! The price was reasonable. We ate on the sidewalk, which was quite charming. The staff was very friendly.

Pros: excellent food, great location, friendly staff
LadyVolsFreakDeb
LadyVolsFreakDeb

Great find in Savannah

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

Great food, service, and options. The menu stated the kitchen would make anything vegan, so right off the bat, I felt at home. I had the Tofu and Veggie Quesadilla and my aspirational-vegan spouse had the Wild GA Shrimp and Avocado Quesadilla. Both were hot, tasty and were ready in no time. We were there late in the afternoon and the place was still crowded. Great option for groups with varying eating styles.

Pros: Selection, Service, Location
raw mommy
raw mommy

• raw

Yummy! Organic ingredients, raw and vegan options.

4 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2012

Just ate here today! Was great. I'm raw vegan mostly, so I appreciated the variety of salads. The rest of my family is mostly vegan, there was plenty to choose from. I liked the decor, very cool... atmosphere is important. Good service. Food was really good! My whole family was very happy. Great salads and guacamole, made fresh to order. They did a customized meal for my toddler, upon request. My husband, who is usually vegan will eat fish at times, and said the grilled tilapia taco were amazing. LOVED it! If we can't find anywhere else to go tomorrow, we'll eat here again!

Pros: Great food, Great decor/atmosphere, Great location
Cons: Small menu?, No specified veg, vegan, gluten free opt
SamanthaAnnChiw
SamanthaAnnChiw

Delicious Vegan friendly

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

Had seared tofu tacos that were amazing! Several options for all degrees of veg. Not expensive either

Pros: Food, Location, Speed
navski
navski

fresh, healthy option in a veg-unfriendly town

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2010

I was relieved to find this place as food in Savannah is expensive and there seems to be no real vegetarian food in town and only one health food store. The prices are reasonable at Kayak and I ordered a vegetarian salad, which was large and so fresh and carefully prepared that I was in heaven. There aren't a ton of vegetarian choices, but there are a few and staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating. Everything about the experience was very relaxed and positive and the location is right in the center of downtown on the main shopping street. The website doesn't have all the menu options and didn't say that dinner is offered, as this is recent, but we heard it mentioned and got lucky by stopping by to check out the place.

Pros: fresh, friendly, inexpensive
Cons: website not updated

Dear Owner and Manager of Kayak Kafe: