Serves meat, veg options available. Menu includes several vegetarian items: dhal, stews, tofu. Very casual, shared tables set up. Price: Moderate more-less
Fusion, Asian, African, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by jcberger
piffelina
piffelina

Won't be returning

2 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

Our waiter didn't speak Danish, and poor English as well. I asked him about the vegetarian menu and he confirmed that all the dishes were vegan, which I see is what the previous submitter wasn't told. I wonder if what he ended up suggesting (cous cous with a bunch of veggies in a sauce - very bland) was even vegan. Needless to say I won't be returning.

Littlething
Littlething

Non traditional,interesting yet boring Indian food

3 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

Kate's Joint is a modern contemporary Indian restaurant. It's located on a nice and cozy street only a couple minutes away from Copenhagen center.

Has a vegetarian menu although vegan food was not marked. Our waiter didn't know what was vegan but he asked the chef and it turned out two dishes were vegan. I had the Satay (vegetables and tofu with peanut sauce) and it was good but a bit bland and could have used more sauce.

The food was not what I would call traditional Indian food which in one way is kind of interesting but at the same time a bit tasteless and boring.

Overall a nice, cozy place with good, but not amazing food.

Pros: Friendly staff, cozy, cool, different
Cons: Not a great variety of food for vegans, a bit tasteless
JonTurner2000
JonTurner2000

Kates Joint - To Go There You Should Make a Point

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

Have just noticed that we were eating here on the same date as the previous posting! And completely agree with the previous reviewers comments (though didn't try a juice). Whilst the food isn't amazing, our overall experience was great and we really liked the place. Only a few minutes walk from the metro station, the restaurant is on a nice mainly pedestrianised street in what seemed like a cool area. Definitely appreciated and recommended.

Pros: Overall atmosphere, Clear menu, Good Value
Cons: Average Food (wish could say otherwise)

jcberger
jcberger

Inexpensive (for Copenhagen) good Indian food

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

Reasonably priced very good (not excellent) Indian food in a really cool atmosphere and friendly service. Clearly marked vegan items. I got the chana, which was yummy but not fantastic.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere
Cons: bad guava juice

Dear Owner and Manager of Kate's Joint: