Serves meat, veg options available. Potato-based menu with veggie options. Separate vegan menu available. Price: Inexpensive more-less
German, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan
mertza89
mertza89

Not fresh or healthy

1 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

Very american style food, high in fat and low in nutrition. I have a feeling that the food comes stright from the freezer... Food was ok but nothing special. You can eat better and cheaper in somewhere else.

Vegisto

New! Seperate vegan menu card with vegan wine

4 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

Hallo,

on demand you get an vegan menu card. Wonderful! More recently with vegan wine.

Cheers

Vegisto

Pros: separate vegan menu card, vegan wine on the vegan card
Mmtmcmanus
Mmtmcmanus

Not appropriate for vegans

1 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

My husband and i ate here last night and as vegans were totally disappointed. Firstly it took 40 minutes to get food and it wasn't busy. Aside from that we ordered from the vegan menu. I had the oven potato with 3 dips. My husband had the salad with pan fried mushrooms. The salad was actually ok. But my potato came as it would from the oven- natur. The 3 dips were all from jars ( we checked with the kitchen and they confirmed) purchased from al natura. Not bad in itself but vegan sandwich paste which is dry in itself is not something I'd add onto a fluffy dry oven potato. These spreads are for bread/ sandwiches. It was all so dry it was inedible. I had to order more water to get through the meal. We gave feedback and the staff seemed receptive. Although mainly they seemed stressed and a little aloof. We waited another 20 minutes to have our plates cleared and another 15 for the bill. 32 euros for 1 salad. 1 dry potato with sandwich paste. 1 ginger juice and one berry juice (all shop bought ) yes we checked. I wouldn't go back and think its misleading to advertise as vegan when the staff and kitchen don't really understand what a vegan meal requires. Shame.

Pros: Outdoor seating
Cons: Not really vegan , Expensive for what it is, Aloof staff

esther123
esther123

Many vegetarian dishes also free of lactose gluten

4 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2010

Many vegetarian dishes - within some remarkables like "Röst flavoured with wild herbs and served with goats creme cheese dip and salad" or "Fresh and crispy vegetable in coconut ginger sauce with lemon grass served with sesame potatoes. Also vegan dishes an a special menu with lactose and gluten free! Nice place to be and a nice garden to sit in the summer

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, very friendly staff
Cons: sometimes not so easy to get a place
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Baked Potato Heaven! Popular place, too!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2009

We arrived and the place was empty at 6ish and the waitress was like, "hum I'm not sure if we can fit you in..." I'm thinkin, this is the potato place right? Sure enough by the end of our meal people were streaming in! For a city that is trying to brand itself as an eco tourism destination there are no Vegan options so getting an awesome baked potato with a healthy salad was fantastic! The staff was incredibly nice and english speaking. You get two potatoes baked to perfection a salad and we opted for the guac and they gave us tomatoes and red peppers, too. I'd eat here all the time if I lived here. Great place!

Pros: baked potatoes

Dear Owner and Manager of Kartoffelhaus: