Serves meat, veg options available. South African food. Mostly meat based with a few veg options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, South African, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by passedout
Kelly_BeeOhEn
Kelly_BeeOhEn

Going Coo-Coo for Karoo

4 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2014

I just LOVED my meal at Karoo Kafe! They have a lot of vegan options (anything on their menu marked green is vegan) and they have a great little corner with sauces and incidentals that you can buy. My only gripe is that I seldom visit Cape Cod so I don't see returning in the near future. Great eats, I highly recommend it!

sglcklch
sglcklch

Food was ok but overpriced

2 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

It seems like all the other reviewers here managed to pick out the "reasonably priced" items, but unfortunately I did not. A veggie-tofu curry with rice served with plastic utensils on a paper plate at a generic cafe for $16 was laughable. To be fair, it was a decent dish - the sauce was flavorful, pleasantly spicy, nice and thick with plenty of veggies and tofu, but the whole experience felt too casual, if not sloppy, for that price point. Besides, the tofu wasn't even prepared or seasoned. It was nothing more than plain soft tofu chopped up and thrown into the stew. Knocking a few dollars off would have been more reasonable... or at least make an effort and use a better type of tofu. A firmer variety would be more desirable.

Another thing I didn't quite get was their environmental attitude. On the one hand, they seemed pretty green - separating trash and posting a note reminding people to only get one water cup per person to reduce waste, but on the other hand, those cups were plastic and food was served with plastic utensils, which were anything but eco-friendly. So what exactly they were trying to do, I don't know.

I was checking out the desserts on my way out and was directed by the staff to the health food market right behind them for vegan options. I should've just eaten there instead because for the same price I could've gotten a nice wrap/salad and a drink plus dessert... Well, too late.

Cons: overpriced, cheap utensils & plates
lfusfeld
lfusfeld

Delicious Vegan Options!

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

There are a few vegan entrees, most of the salads are vegan, and there are some vegan appetizers too. The food was exceptionally good - we actually ate at the Karoo Restaurant in nearby Eastham (same ownership). The chef came over and thanked us for eating there and told us she is working on vegan desserts. Really a delightful experience.

Pros: Delicious, Reasonably Priced, Fast Service
Cons: Non-vegan food dominates the menu

passedout
passedout

Nice staff and great food

3 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

We stopped into Karoo Kafe for an early dinner. I found the variety of food very interesting. It seemed to be a blend of Middle Eastern and Indian dishes all working together to form some nice plates. We snacked on the pakoras and then moved onto to a couple sandwiches (tofu pita and falafel) both of which were excellent. Their soup of the day was African Peanut which had a creamy pumpkin base. Excellent meal all around.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food

Dear Owner and Manager of Karoo Kafe: