Karma Road Organic Cafe

Vegetarian deli, bakery, smoothie and juice bar. Choices include baked tofu pesto sandwiches, sweet potato and tempeh chile, nori rolls, soups, wheat-free desserts, and other rotating deli selections. Uses Nayonaise and Follow Your Heart. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out
11 Main St (1.5 mile from NYS Thruway)
New Paltz, New York 12561
845-255-1099

Open Mon-Sun 8am-8pm.

First Review by jrh2601
bzeigerman
bzeigerman

love love love!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

This is my favorite new paltz spot. Best vegan food, quality and taste are top notch. Fast and friendly staff, outdoor dining options, juice bar, drink case, vegan desserts, and much more!

Pros: quick, convenient, quality
Cons: small inside
robdmillusa
robdmillusa

Great Fast Vegan Cafe

5 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

Wow, what a great find. The food here is creative and delicious. The staff is friendly and offers the opportunity to taste anything on the menu. Seating is limited so you may not find a place to sit immediately. We have now gone back three times because the food is so great.

Pros: Creative Menu, Exceptional food, Vegan!
Cons: Small and not many tables
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

nice casual place

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

As the only all vegan restaurant in New Paltz, we had to check it out. It's a small casual place serving sandwiches and salads with lots of people picking up to go. There's a deli area as well. Parking is in lot on the side. We chose to eat in at the bar. We ordered the tempeh reuben and the special sandwich of smoky tempeh and tofu scramble. The tempeh on the reuben needed to marinate a little more, but the smoky one was perfect. Great sandwich. The staff were nice and helpful and we took a muffin to go as well. The only downside was there is no restroom.

Pros: all vegan in New Paltz, quick tasty food
Cons: no restroom
vbmichelle
vbmichelle

Worry-free vegan foods!

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

This place is great! It's rather small, but has great food and it's all vegan!! We went in the winter, so we were asked right away if we wanted to try the daily soup special. As suspected, it was delicious and we added it to our order! They have lots of choices, including wraps, grains, greens, and smoothies/wheat grass juice.

Ellen Montal
Ellen Montal

Delicious & Healthy

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

Karma Road is great. It has organic, healthy, delicious food. It's casual and the staff is very friendly and understanding to whatever your needs are. Just beware that the portions are small, which makes it a bit pricey. Also, they have no bathroom; however, there is one across the street from them. Go and enjoy!

Pros: healthy, delicious food, Friendly staff, Nice Vibe
Cons: no Bathroom, small portions, a bit noisy

jojovegano
jojovegano

Love!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

Always friendly, great food, awesome energy in an awesome town. Maybe alil pricey but well worth it. I only wish they were closer to home.

Pros: Great food, Nice staff, Clean
Cons: No bathroom
TerriPettit
TerriPettit

Healthy fare

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2012

I love this place for their healthy choices- I am obsessed with kale salad & theirs is really tasty. Service can take awhile sometimes and the place is on the small side. I would love to have them cater for me in the future like my son's second b-day party...

Pros: Healthy eats
Cons: No bathroom, Small venue
Paulsandy
Paulsandy

Awesome

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2012

This place is awesome. Perfect for lunch. Great selection. Friendly. You can tell everything is home made. Great soups. Selection of fresh juices and smoothies. Great prices for what you are getting, this is just about the healthiest food around that you aren't making yourself at home.

RaeSikora
RaeSikora

Good and Not So Good.....

3 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2011

I had a good, but small and expensive salad and my partner had the veggie reuben. The good news: The place is all vegan and the food is organic and fresh. The not so good news: small portions, high prices and a staff that does not seem very happy or welcoming. They would say these sort of positive rehearsed phrases, but didn't really seem like they wanted to be there. Definitely a smile and positive energy deficit in there the day we went to lunch. Beautiful decor and photos on the wall. No Daiya or Veganaise....they use Nayonaise and Follow Your Heart to save money. And still we were happy to find a place to get vegan lunch....New Paltz is a sweeeet town.

Pros: fresh, organic, vegan
Cons: price, staff energy, portions
NicoleF
NicoleF

WOW!

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2011

This place has great food, great choices, great smoothies, great baked goods, and I was able to bring my dogs and sit outside!! The staff was very friendly and when I went to get my own food the guy would not let me carry it he insisted he brought it to my table. SO NICE! I wish the place was closer to my house so I could eat there more often.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Outdoor seating
jrm212
jrm212

love this place!

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2010

on a recent wknd in the area, stopped here twice for a meal. several options, good quality, high vegan integrity, friendly service. craving their green juice. will go back next time i'm in new paltz!

Pros: quality, service, value
Cons: no bathroom :)
lebfam
lebfam

Still Amazing

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2009

The hype is true! We went to KARMA ROAD yesterday and it was fantastic...really up there with the all-time best veggie food we've had. The Red Lentil soup was fantastic, filling, delicious. The veggie burger is just what a veggie burger should be -- not trying or pretending to be something it isn't -- it is a great patty made out of veggies & grains. The smoothies were also great - I had the young coconut - so refreshing. We took a lot of food home since we live two hours away and it will be a long time until we get to go back. The kale and cauliflower are (I still have some I am keeping for lunch) fantastic - perfectly spiced. Best of all was the grilled tofu sandwich. As my husband's grandmother, whose lips never touched tofu in her life, would have said, "it was out ot the world and into the next." Well, she actually would have refused to have eaten it...but YOU should go -- it is great.

And yes, the service and atmosphere are friendly and lovely. And, no, we are not related or connected to the place in anyway. We just love good veggie food. This is making me hungry - I am going to go eat my leftovers.

Pros: Taste, Selection, Service
Cons: Too far from our house
Veggie Reggie
Veggie Reggie

THE BEST VEG. FOOD EVER!

5 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2008

I was BLOWN AWAY by the service, the selection & the vibe of this little, casual 100% vegetarian, organic place. We ate in a few times & took food from the deli home w a few wraps & it is better every time. NICE service people. I think i had a chocolate chip cherry muffin! so good. THe falaffel wrap was killer & it wasn't even fried! Love it. They're open every day the same hours (for now) so it's easy to know if i should head over. See you there.

Pros: Organic!, 100% vegetarain., DEEELISH!
ozport
ozport

Good food - FAST!

5 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2008

I have visited this cafe twice in the last 2 months and am not left disappointed. It serves great vegan food and smoothies. I recommend the sandwich of the day (whatever it might be). It comes on delicious toasted wholegrain bread and the portion is right-sized (as opposed to super-sized). Wish they were closer to me but perhaps I should consider moving closer!

Pros: Vegan, Simple, Tasty
Cons: Far from home
cookiem
cookiem

Safe haven for veg*ns

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2008

This place was such a refreshing retreat from the other offerings strewn about in New Paltz. The extra surprise was finding out this deli is all vegan! The juices are so tasty and the sandwiches delightful! Homestyle food made vegan with fresh local, organic produce whenever possible. The seating area is small, but most folks seem to be on the go anyhow! Cute small outdoor seating area too. The staff is very friendly and helpful and welcomed sampling prior to ordering! The tempeh reuben, ooo yum! The assortment of salads, sides and veggies in the case practically invite a sampling! Homemade soup too! However, the only downside is the baked goods--while wholesome and vegan, we could tell they were vegan, healthy treats.... give me the good stuff, but don't let me know it! A must-eat-in for any veg*n in the New Paltz area! So adorable!

Pros: Staff, Local produce, Organic
Cons: Small seating area, Baked goods
prairiecomm
prairiecomm

Good food!

4 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2007

Good basic organic food - with attention in the right places. And for those of us who only visit, they now provide organic gift baskets.

Pros: Food, mail gift baskets, good folks
Cons: too far to visit often
ecojazz
ecojazz

Possible the Best Vegan Cafe on the Planet

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2007

Go to New Paltz or if you are traveling the NY Thruway stop at the New Paltz exit and head west for 5 minutes and on the right hand side just before the bridge on 11 main st you will find the most dedicated people to sustaining a healthy, creative, mouth watering vegan food business on earth. This family run business has the vibe and the energy/love in the food. Seth and Jen have done a wonderful job of creating a vortex for the vegan soul.

Pros: All Organic, Clean, Taste Great
Cons: They don't live near me
davidmartiste
davidmartiste

Karma Road Rocks!

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2007

Most of the vegan goodies in the case share one last ingredient... "love". You feel it in the air when you walk in and when you're offered a free sample of their incredible soup. Karma Road just has this fantastic vibe. The food is all prepared on premises and is just scrumptious. When I ordered a veggie burger, I didn't expect much but it was, by far, the best veggie burger I've had. Treat yourself to an energy boosting drink from the fresh juice bar and leave room for one of the tasty desserts.

Pros: CHEAP, excellent food, great staff
jagreene3
jagreene3

go to Karma Road!!!!!!!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2007

I am so impressed with this place! Delicious all vegan organic whole food & raw choices. Amazing garlicky greens, tofu/chick pea curry, green burgers, sweet potato biscuits, dairy free creamed spinach, decadent wheat-free chocolate cake & other sweets, soups, sandwiches & juices/smoothies. Very welcoming eco-conscious owners doing it all for the right reasons. I was in NP for a weekend & ate 5 of my meals here - it was that good.

Pros: all vegan, organic, good karma, good people
Cons: a bit pricey but worth it
jrh2601
jrh2601

Beautiful town now has great food!

5 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2007

Nothing like a beautiful, moutain town with great hiking, rock climbing and sites. Now New Paltz and an awesome veggie place to eat, relax and think health! This place is new but they are on track to being a homerun!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Karma Road Organic Cafe: