Organic ice cream cafe offering both dairy and non-dairy (with soy and rice milk) flavors. Also serving baked treats, light sandwiches, tea, beer, organic and fair trade coffee drinks. Small and local with free wi-fi and local art exhibited on the walls. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer, Bakery, Take-out

First Review by CarlyandElle
mbentz
mbentz

delicious food & tea

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

I got a peanut butter-vegan marshmallow-banana sandwich and my girlfriend got the vegan reuben. They were both amazing, the Reuben especially so (creamy and savory and awesome). There is a selection of vegan baked goods and really good quality tea. The seating is nice and so is the service. Their only fault is that they're not open for late hours.

Pros: delicious food, nice seating with wifi, tasty vegan desserts
Cons: not open late
FoodHeals
FoodHeals

Indulgence

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2014

While traveling in business, I needed a quick dinner and a reward for a Long day. After hunting down parking in a location with only street parking (free after 5 PM and allowed to park in resident area after 4 PM), I was pleasantly greeted on at Karma Cream. Its a cute facility with sandwiches and lots of sweets. There isn't a lot of healthy food choices here and no gluten free bread but they had a gluten free cookie and ice cream. The staff explained that the gluten free bread wasn't requested often enough to stay fresh. I minimized my gluten intake by opting for the curried chickpea and "chicken" wrap (sprouted whole wheat). it was very good and tasted like my memory of an egg salad sandwich. Prices are very good here. I added on a tea and 2 scoop vegan ice cream for only about $13. The cherry amaretto vegan ice cream is yummy!

Pros: Vegan options, Eco and fair trade conscious, Price and cute factor
Cons: Parking, Lack of gluten bread options, Missing veggies
RaeSikora
RaeSikora

I LOVE this place!

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

We have gone there about once a week since arriving in Florida for the winter. Tons of great vegan options....and LOVE the atmosphere. The only thing that would make this place better is having only vegan ice cream. There is really no reason to have the dairy ice cream when all the vegan choices are incredible. One day I hope they are all vegan....for even better Karma :)

Pros: vegan ice cream parlor!, Great vegan sandwiches and cupcakes., Easy atmosphere and our dog was allowed!
Cons: Serves some dairy ice creams...

kjachimecki
kjachimecki

grilled cheese (vegan)

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

Love Karma Cream! Had the vegan grilled cheese today, it was excellent with a mix of cheezes and work a spicy kick and tomatoes. Very recommended item on the menu.

annaegel
annaegel

YUMM!

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

They have a section for dairy and vegan ice cream. About 10 flavors each. The menu offers vegan cookies, dairy and nondairy coffee and latte. The vegan ice creams were yummy. They also have light vegan meals, such as vegan grilled cheese sandwich with Daiya cheese. The decore, we pleasant. It is within walking distance to UF.

Pros: yummy vegan ice cream, pleasant decor, good choices
Cons: small
gwild
gwild

Simple but delicious

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

My husband who is a bit of a Reuben connoisseur rated his sandwich as excellent. The kids loved their vegan fluffernutters ($5). My vegan chic'n wrap with hummus ($6) was also very good. All of these items were simple and we could easily have made them ourselves if we weren't on the road. The vegan ice cream was a nice treat as it was a new experience to walk into a place with dozens of different vegan flavors to choose from.

Pros: friendly service, hit with kids, late hours
Gopala 108
Gopala 108

Awesome vegan selection

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

This place rocks! Vegan ice cream in FL at it's best. Kudos for using plates and glasses, even real spoons to try the samples which is why I give them 5 stars. Go Gators, go eco-warriors!

Pros: Yummy Vegan Selections, Eco friendly business!
Hanseat
Hanseat

So sad

2 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2012

I really wanted to like this place.
They were barely able to answer our questions regarding ingredients, and then ignored us and served other customers who had walked in after us. I had looked forward to a nice dessert and ended up leaving the place disappointed and without having dessert.

warino
warino

OMG! Thought I died and went to ice cream heaven

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

Cute little shop that has a wonderful little collection of ice creams, at least ten of which are vegan. We tried them all, but we were determined to have a milk shake. I had one made with s'mores ice cream, while my husband had one made with peach cobbler. Don't even ask about how orgiastically delicious they were. My only complaint - the food is labor intensive, so it makes no sense having only one person tending the shop. Either update the equipment or hire one other person to man the shop. Otherwise, worth the trip for sure!

Pros: Food, Price, Location
Cons: Understaffed
pattiwh
pattiwh

YUM

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2011

So much fun to be able to go out and get a VEGAN sundae :) See all kinds of cupcakes advertised on their FB page, but never have any when I get there :( they must be good! Love the vegan candy bars too - this place is soo bad for my diet but oh so good!!

Pros: vegan goodies!
VeganBikerBabe
VeganBikerBabe

A Healthfood Vegan's Nightmare

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

How's a person supposed to reap the rewards of being Vegan with a place like this in their town? OMG, to be able to eat a hot fudge sundae with bananas, whipped cream, and nuts again!!!! Yep, and it's VEGAN! Heaven help me!!! They tempt me with delicious vegan cupcakes with their frequent facebook posts, and to make matters worse...they use organic, high quality ingredients that taste so good you just want to spit anyone else's nasty, pasty, white flour, nothing but sugar with no flavor or substance cupcakes out of your mouth, should you ever think you could stray. This is one of those places like Sublime in Ft. Lauderdale...you go there, you're in heaven, and you just don't know how to feel about it afterward. Are you grateful because you had this wonderful experience OR do you feel cursed because you only get to eat their on a rare occasion, and when you can't you obsess about it? Well when it comes to Karma Cream, I live in Gainesville, so na-na, na, na-na! Oh, and as for the health aspect: If you're going to indulge, do you really think you're up for the challenge to practice some self-restraint?

Pros: LOTS of Vegan Selections, Delicious, Good Value
Cons: Addictive, Tempting, Will Make you Obsess
CarlyandElle
CarlyandElle

Delicious!

5 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2011

I love Karma Cream! There are tons of vegan options, and it is really yummy! It's also a nice atmosphere for relaxing, reading, or meeting friends. They have coffee, ice cream, toppings, cookies, and lots of other goodies.

Dear Owner and Manager of Karma Cream: