Serves meat, veg options available. This place is furnished with comfortable sofas and has Wi-Fi, frequented by foreigners and travelers. Offers coffee, juices, cocktails, Thai and Indian curries, library, games and inspirational music. Vegans need to specify as chooses might be few. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, International, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Calle Napo 138
Iquitos, Peru

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by Franz Huckleberry
Franz Huckleberry
Franz Huckleberry

Great variety and cosy spot

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

I went back here a couple of times during my visit to Iquitos - great atmosphere, great range of food, live music in the evenings, and great for me as my travelling buddy could eat meat while i found delicious vegan food. More expensive than the local cafes (this one is definitely oriented toward foreign tourists) but good value and very worthwhile.

NOTE: address is correct however the map location is wrong, for some reason google maps places it way on the other side of the square when actually it's just between the Plaza and the water. I spent a hot afternoon searching for this place and then stumbled upon it by accident. I will try and submit a correction for the location.

Also, it's a shame I can only give it 4 stars (this is a happy cow policy for a non-all vegan restaurant) because in a town with very limited vegetable options, this place is a very welcome discovery.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 23, 2014

Pros: Variety of excellent food, Nice atmosphere, English spoken by friendly staff
Cons: More expensive than other food options, Only couple of fans - can get warm!

Dear Owner and Manager of Karma Cafe: