Persisch Vegetarische Spezialitäten. Offers Persian food with daily specials. Some dishes could be made vegan upon request. Moved from Fleischmarkt and changed name from Cafe Treff. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Persian, Iranian, Take-out

Barney Big Ears
Barney Big Ears

nothing special

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2014

I thought this place would have better food and service since it has decent reviews. The service was really slow and food was low quality. they did, however, have soy yogurt as a replacement to the dairy option. Vegan options.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: slow service, low quality ingredients
Inge
Inge
  • raw

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

Really i can t believe these reviews, like i even wonder if we re talking about the same place! This place serves, to my opinion, waaaaaaaay overpriced snack food. Badly. It is a very strange place, as if everyone there is actually waiting in the one and only waiting restaurant for a bus to another world. It s weird. The food is dry. desert land.

alicepi
alicepi

great food great staff and vegan options:)

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

I went to this restaurant with my parents (non vegetarian) and we all loved it. The food is simple but very tasty (the mix of spices is absolutely wonderful):) I did not even need to say I was vegan...: the waitress spontaneously proposed to change the yoghurt by a vegan option in case I was. In total, we paid a bit more than 50 euros (soup/main dish/desert/tea/wine).

gerstl
gerstl

wizard with spices

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

very accommodating for diets including gluten, but if you have some german.

the food is really exceptional home cooking, every dish we had in 2 visits, 6 meals, was differently spiced. Great location , nice ambience . Try early in your visit, you will return.

Pros: everything
Cons: best if you have some german.
Niki3000
Niki3000

Interesting food, but no written menu?

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

Three colleagues and I tried this place which intrigued me because Persian vegetarian food is hard to find in London, where I live. The wait staff didn't speak much English and there was no written menu which made ordering more challenging than it needed to be. Still, the food was tasty and this is a good option if you are near Schwedenplatz or can hop on the U1 line to get there. We had something like samosas (good), a curry with rice, and a very nice tofu dish. I also ordered a yogurt drink which was slightly fizzy and also fermented, a bit like ayran (the turkish yogurt drink). My colleagues thought it was wonderful (perhaps they had lower expectations than me as they are not vegetarian?!).

Pros: unusual, tasty food, friendly staff
Cons: no written menu
Asleep On A Sunbeam
Asleep On A Sunbeam

Vegan? Not for us!

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

We spent a whole 90 seconds inside Cafe Treff.

To be fair it looked nice. But we went in and asked if they could serve us as vegan. The reply was vegetarian. It might be simply that there was a lack of understanding. But we found ourselves feeling uncomfortable and uneasy. And it would seem reasonable for them to understand that we would want to eat vegan. Instead it appeared that they were unwilling to make anything vegan for us. Whatever the reason, I guess I expected them to be able to serve us. hopefully this was a one off problem.

MlleFeline
MlleFeline

prenez votre temps et savourez !

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2013

Kamelia's persian dishes are made with love - and you can taste it. There is one lunch menu a day, with optional soups and/or salads, and everything is vegetarian and mostly vegan (sometimes she serves yogurt with it, then you can ask for soygurt or salad as a replacement!).
The owner is very caring, knows her clients well and takes time for each and every single guest in the small restaurant.
Among my favourite menus: the hummus plate is delicious and is served once a week!
I always feel relaxed after having lunch there ! It puts a smile on my face :)

Pros: friendly owner, lovely homecooked food, relaxing atmosphere
Cons: small restaurant
Gudrun
Gudrun

A very nice place!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2012

I discovered this wonderful little restaurant on my last day in Vienna. I decided to go for the daily special which consisted of hummus, zuccini in tomato sauce, (soy) yoghurt, salad and flatbread. Sounds simple, but the hummus was the best I ever had and everything was just delicious. I also had a yummy ginger lemonade (vegan version, i.e., with brown sugar instead of honey) and a sugar melon drink with rose water. The service was extremely friendly, and providing vegan options was not a problem at all. The prices are very low. During the course of 2012 the restaurant will move to a new location about 5 minutes walk from the previous one. Address will then be Schwedenplatz 3-4, the new name of the restaurant will be the name of the owner - Kamelia.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Kardamom: