Kapok Vegetarian Cafe

Chinese name 卡帛素食義式廚房 address 台北市大安區復興南路二段308巷5號. Italian style coffee cafe, egg-less bakery, and restaurant. Offers a set menu which comes with soup, jelly or bread, main course, and black tea. Or order a la carte. Offers afternoon tea from 2pm. Sources baked goods from its own bakery shop that's on Nanjing East Road (listed on HappyCow), which does not use any egg and offers some dairy-free cakes as well. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Italian, Bakery, Take-out
5, Alley 308, Sec. 2, Fuxing South Road, Da-an District (Heping East Road)
Taipei, Taiwan

Lbeboipinoy
Lbeboipinoy

Great vegan bakery!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

I dropped a spoon and 5 seconds later they brought me a new one without me even asking. That alone shows how good this place is

Pros: A lot of choices to chose from with no egg ingride, friendly service, pretty big restaurant
Cons: a little pricy but not that bad, no wifi
kim2121
kim2121

Great Bakery and Restaurant

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2013

I went to Kapok for lunch and ordered a set meal for 200 TWD. The meal included pesto rice with mushrooms, corn soup, a glass of iced tea, and jello/jelly (you have a choice of jello/jelly or bread). Overall the meal was great, although next time I think I'll order something other than the pesto, as I generally like pesto with a bit more flavor.

The menu was in English and Chinese. The service was incredibly friendly and prompt, despite having a very full restaurant at lunchtime on a Tuesday. The restaurant was also very cute.

For me, the most exciting thing about my visit was the baked goods for sale in the front of the store. I was full after lunch but couldn't resist getting something to go, and the vegan fish sandwich (50 TWD) really hit the spot when I was hungry later. If I lived near this restaurant I would be very fat, as I would stop in every day to buy baked goods.

Just a note, I had a bit of trouble finding Kapok. Different maps put the restaurant in different locations. I finally found the restaurant by walking directly south of the Technology Building MRT stop and then looking down streets to the right.

PaoliLee
PaoliLee

Best vegetarian spaghetti

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2013

I used to work close by and would always go there for dinner before my evening classes began. Even now, I would still go there once in a while although it's quite far away from where I work or I live. What I love the most is their bread, and surely spaghetti of course. In here, you don't need to worry about whether there's dairy products added to your dish, because they don't use them at all, not even on their bakery products. The only thing I don't really love is their service is not so professional.

Pros: cheap, good portion, great bread
Cons: service is not so professional, accepts cash only

Dear Owner and Manager of Kapok Vegetarian Cafe: