Kam Heung Vegetarian -...

Popular vegetarian Chinese food place. Confirmed open Mar 2014. Address in Chinese: 鰂魚涌太古坊海提街18號 D10及D11舖. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out
Shop D10 and D11, 18 Hoi Tai Street, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong 852
+852-28800173

Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:30pm, closed Sat-Sun.

First Review by Stevie
LeslieGee
LeslieGee

Quick & Easy Lunch - revised review

4 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2014

I just moved to HK & was thrilled to find such a close vegetarian restaurant, bc finding vegetarian/vegan entrees has been challenging. The woman who helped me with take-away spoke English well and was able to describe each of the sample plates. I ordered the lunch special - rice & 3 sides, eggplant, potato pancake & some mixed veggie & grapes dish. Came w/ a smoky-flavored soup w/ a starchy vegetable.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 09, 2014
I learned that what appeared to be shrimp & fish truly was realistic-looking veg-versions! I've been to this place several times now, both eat-in and take-away. Love!

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Fast service
  • Stevie Stevie

Hi Leslie, welcome to HK,

You sure the fish and shrimp you mentioned are the real thing and not the vego imitation stuff that most of the Chinese vego restaurants round here seem to do? I've been eating in this place for 3 or 4 weeks now. I've spoken with the lady who runs the place who insists to me that the joint is 100% vego. She also recognises my eating habits and always points out if there's anything made with egg.

Kam Heung Vegetarian, Hong Kong

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

I eat here most lunch times. Cheap and tasty and friendly service. A winner.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great value, Friendly service

Dear Owner and Manager of Kam Heung Vegetarian - Quarry Bay: