Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan options include several salads (ask for no cheese), several pasta entrees with soyrizo and/or portobello and veggie stack sandwich (ask for no cheese). Fresh fruit can be substituted for fries. Uses fresh, local ingredients. Offers flourless desserts. Located in a unique building and neighborhood. Wi-fi. Kind and attentive staff. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by amonrean
luvs2EAT
luvs2EAT

A pleasant experience:)

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

As I was aimlessly driving around the Lawrenceville area of Pittsburgh, Happy Cow led me to a hidden little neighborhood restaurant called Kaleidoscope Cafe. It was just a few blocks from Children's Hospital. I was pleasantly surprised. Although they do not have vegan items on the menu, they will adjust their selections to provide you with a delicious dish. The chef personally adjusted my pasta dish to make it vegan and I have to say that it was truly delicious, probably one of the best tasting pasta dish that I have eaten. The salad was also beautifully done. Not a fancy place but had very personal service and a great lunch.

Pros: Personalized vegan lunch, Friendly service, Talented chef
Cons: tiny parking lot
amonrean
amonrean

Great Menu - Great Service

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2012

Fresh, local ingredients. Vegan options. Unique decor. Great walking neighborhood.

Dear Owner and Manager of Kaleidoscope Cafe: