During the day a drinks and sweets place offering coffee and tea drinks, fresh juices, smoothies, and shakes. At night a cocktail lounge. more-less
Oudburg 47
Ghent, Belgium 9000

Open Wed-Thur, Sun 14.00-19.00, Fri-Sat 14.00-24.00.

First Review by RachelLouise
RachelLouise
RachelLouise

Delicious and very vegan-friendly!

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

I stumbled across this place by accident while looking for a place to get tea in Gent. We were so surprised when we saw that a lot of the drinks on the menu mentioned vegan options, and there was even vegan ice cream and milkshakes.

The decor is really cool. The ambiance was good, too. The music was Johnny Cash. We went during the afternoon on a weekday, and were the only ones there.

I ordered a speculoos soy latte and the owner/server mentioned that I could add chocolate and it would still be vegan, so I did that. It was so good, and beautifully presented. The chocolate was served on the side in the form of chocolate chips that you could stir into the drink. Since the owner knew I was vegan, instead of serving the drink with a small brownie on the side, she gave me a small scoop of homemade soy vanilla ice cream. It was so good. If the weather was warmer, I definitely would have ordered something involving ice cream.

We stayed long enough for a second drink and I got a Pineapple Fizz, which was a freshly made soda with pineapple and mint. My husband got a non-alcoholic banana colada. We both loved our drinks. The two friends we were with were also really happy with what they got.

Most cafes in Belgium don't even have soymilk, and they usually serve all their drinks with cookies that are only occasionally vegan. KBilly's was way more vegan friendly than any other cafe I've been to in Belgium. I will definitely come back next time I'm in town.

Pros: delicious, big selection, friendly staff
Cons: not 100% vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of K-Billy's: