Organic vegetable juices and smoothies bar that also serves a daily changing hot meal which might a vegetarian chili, gumbo with vegetarian spicy sausage, a Thai curry stew, or another kind of hot soup. Also offers a vegan club omega sandwich, vegan chicken sandwich, and kale salad. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out
428 W Greens Rd (I-45 N)
Houston, Texas 77067
281-875-1669

Open Mon-Tue, Thur-Sun 11am-7pm, Wed 11am-6pm.

First Review by happy veggie
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Fresh and Organic

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

Thanks to happycow we found this juice and veggie food place on a recent trip to Houston. Was glad to know that they use organic produce for the juices. An oasis in the land of big oil and cattle. Recommended.

rab3936
rab3936

FANTASTIC

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

I found Just Juice on Happy Cow yesterday and decided to try them out today. It's difficult to find a vegetarian restaurant in Houston, after all. I went in and was immediately greeted, was asked if I had been there before, told them I had not, and had the restaurant explained to me. They serve an extremely wide variety of organic fruit and veggie juices/smoothies. I ordered one that the owner recommended (I forget the name, sorry) and it was delicious, and because it was organic, I can feel good about it. They also have a small food menu as well. They serve: a club sandwich, a "chicken" salad sandwich, a reuben sandwich, a black bean burger, a veggie burger, a kale salad that you can add "chicken" too. You can also add avocado to any sandwich. They do have two meat options: salmon burger and free-range buffalo. I believe there are days when they have soup as well. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich and was blown away. I have been vegetarian for two years and haven't had anything like it in all my time as a vegetarian...it was delicious!

I will be frequenting this restaurant due to the fantastic food, high quality of the food (organic), and the super friendly staff! I was so incredibly impressed that I had to create a profile on Happy Cow just to let everyone know about Just Juice!

lalo
lalo

Very Fresh Food

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2009

I read the other two reviews before I wrote this and pretty much agreed with them. Other than this restaurant is not really that close to airport. It is actually in the Greenspoint area in a strip center with the Bally's Health Club. There isn't an abundance of fresh food restaurants in and around this area let alone Greenspoint. I live in Spring and there isn't much there either. So it is a comfort to have something to get fresh fast food. I have eaten there several times. Soup, sandwich and salad. I have also had their smoothies many times. All were very good and very fresh. Owners are very friendly but they never pushed religion on me. Just really easy going. There is free wi-fi there too. I have never eaten there, I only takeout but if you call ahead it is ready and waiting.

Aly
Aly

Great place!

4 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2008

It is a small place with a very warm feeling. There are only (I believe) three actual food items on the menu. The rest are juices or smoothies. Very organic and healthy. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich (vegan) and it was absolutely delicious. There are some soaps, vitamins, minerals, bars, etc. sitting at the juice bar that you could buy. The atmosphere was friendly and the decor was beautiful, with bright walls that made it seem like a fun place. There is free wireless internet, it would be a great place to order a smoothie and sit and relax. My only complaint is that the music is purely very Christian oriented. Praise songs are constantly playing, though this place did not (for me) give an overwhelming Christian sense, it was noticable. For a non-Christian, that along with the few noticeable crosses and Christian figures, might be enough to bother some. If that sort of thing doesn't deter you, I would strongly recommend this place. It was the closest to me (I live in Spring) and it was well worth the trip. Great food, very organic and healthy and vegan, and a great atmosphere. Good price, too!

Pros: healthy, organic foods, good price, amazing atomosphere
Cons: overly Christian music
happy veggie
happy veggie

Wonderful People, Good Food

5 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2007

Unique. This is in a small strip mall close to the airport (IAH). It's not exactly a vitamin/health store. It's a juice shop offering a large selection of organic juices. They have a very limited menu, but the few items are scrumptuous...and vegan. The veggie chicken salad sandwich was dreamy, as was the meatless meatloaf sandwich. They offer gumbo a couple times a week, but much too spicey for me. Seating if very limited, but pull on up to the juice bar. The following should not be a turnoff: They are very Christian. They proselytize. There's jazzy and rocky Christian music always playing, and there's a little Jesus or Mary in about every corner. This did not turn me off. They are about the nicest people I've ever met (Tom, the manager). They bless you at every corner. They are also missionaries. I am assuming that the worker or two there are down and out people that their church is trying to help. Very commendable. Vegetarian, at its heart, is the promotion of spirit and life. Too many vegetarian restaurants are self-righteous and reek of negativity. Not here.

Pros: kind and caring people, great sandwiches, huge selection of juices
Cons: tiny, tiny restaurant, limited menu, limited seating.

Dear Owner and Manager of Just Juice: