CLOSED: Just Falafel

Part of international franchise chain offering falafel sandwiches in many different flavors. Dairy and cheese is used, so vegans should specify. Handful of locations in greater London. Reported closed to HappyCow, May 2015. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery
1 Monmouth Street (Neal Street corner)
London, England WC2H 9DA
0207-8362066

Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm

First Review by Paul Evans13
Quiffstress
Quiffstress

Bland food with enormous amounts of packaging

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2014

I visited Just Falafel not too long after it opened and ordered one of the salads. It was bland, overpriced and worst of all served in more plastic packaging than the average meal on an aeroplane comes in. I'm sorry to say the service wasn't great either - I've really not been tempted to go back for another try..!

Pros: None.
Cons: Awful unnecessary packaging, Lousy salad, Pretty bad service
hack_man
hack_man

Not to Maoz Standards

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

To find a falafel place near Covent Garden was quite a boon indeed. You get delicious pieces of falafel served in a wrap served with various fillings of your choice such as hummus, tsatziki amongst others. The falafel themselves were very tasty indeed but the accompanying tahini, pickles, mint leaves and parsley were bland. I was expecting to be able to help myself to salad, pickles and sauces like the many Maoz Falafel places I have visited across Europe but this was not the case here. Robbed? I wouldn't go that far, but £4.49 for something that just lacked the quality I would have liked, was disappointing. I must add that the hummus was top class but at £1.99 for small pot, the word robbery springs up again.

Pros: tasty, location
Cons: bland add ons, expensive
Paul Evans13
Paul Evans13

It really is only falafels !?

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

A really inexpensive take away in central London serving only fafafels. Food was excellant, in expensive, creative and a very imaginative if not creative menu. really enjoyed our lich and really can't fault it or indeed praise it enough.

Pros: Inexpensive, Ace menu
Cons: A snack, not a meal.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Just Falafel: