Chinese name 棗子樹. A Hong Kong-style dim sum restaurant with several locations. Features dumplings and many types of small dishes, all made in-house. On weekends, a reserved section of the restaurant is opened up and you could get a great view of the cityscape. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Cantonese, Taiwanese

First Review by chazyvr
chazyvr
chazyvr

Best vegetarian dim sum

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

This is one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants in Taiwan. When I go to Kaohsiung I make sure to go here. Their dumplings, turnip cakes and other dishes are all tasty and made in house. They have an open kitchen where you see the chefs at work. The pastry that's coated with sesame seeds is their house special I think. Definitely give it a try. (I uploaded a photo.) while they have several locations in Kaohsiung they're not in Taipei. I keep urging them to expand. I think they're scouting locations now.

Pros: Great food, Distinctive flavors, great view of city on weekends

Dear Owner and Manager of Jujube Tree: