Since June 2013, in addition to honey and bee pollen on the menu, range-free, grass-fed egg breakfast dishes have been added to this juice bar/cafe's menu, so is no longer B-gan. Eggs are prepared on a separate surface and cooked in a separate pan. Also, since June 2013, cafe extended their space (taken over the building next door) and now has a leisurely comfortable, homey seating area with tables, a couch and chairs. Artwork on walls is available for sale. Serves a variety of dishes, including salads and wraps with plenty of raw food options and an extensive smoothie and juice list. Honey or bee pollen is an ingredient in the wraps, but ask staff to be sure. Has counter service. Food is served in biodegradable and recyclable containers. Also offers a selection of grab 'n go prepared cold foods like quinoa salad, kale salad and others. Vegan desserts are plentiful and are also gluten free, organic and contain no refined sugar. The most popular desserts being three varieties of oatmeal bars (blueberry, apple raisin and blackberry/raspberry) plus oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, banana breads and chocolate mousse parfaits, plus more. Supplements and skin care products are also available for sale. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Juice bar, American, Raw, Take-out, Catering
22423 Ventura Blvd (Shoup)
Woodland Hills, California 91364
818-716-0800

Open Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 10am-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Sagesveganmama
Mellycat
Mellycat

love!!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

Fresh, organic, made to order, many GF choices. Have been many times...always great!!

Pros: GF choices, fresh
Cons: parking
Jmegirl
Jmegirl

meh....

3 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

Great food!
Juices, not so good. It seems as if each staff member decides how much of each ingredient goes into the juices. Like maybe what to add is listed, but not how much of each fruit/veg to include. In my honest opinion, the juices are too inconsistent and never taste even remotely the same. Problem is JL, is the only place for fresh vegan juices around! Guess, I will have to stick to making my own, or not juice at all )0:

Pros: Great food!, Friendly staff
Cons: Pricey, Customers are pretentious and snooty
Chia
Chia

Healthy and Good

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and have eaten here twice. Here's my Juicy Ladies review.

I've ordered the green juice and that was nice, the un-tuna sandwich was healthy and all right though could use a little more jazz. The kale salad was yummy.

I had also asked the woman at the register for a sandwich recommendation, and she told me to get the quinoa burger/sandwich, which I did, and that was excellent.

Overall, I enjoyed eating here and would return again when in the area. The smoothies and juices menu was very impressive.

Pros: healthy food, vegan baked goods, has parking lot
Cons: not cheap

The Vegan
The Vegan

Juicy Ladies: It's more than just juice!

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2011

So I thought I had to try out this new veg restaurant. I checked out their menu online and it looked very promising.
It's a nice place in which you order from the counter and sit down at one of a few tables inside or at one of a few tables outside. They have a couple of refrigerated areas in which they sell some fresh packaged food such as sandwiches and salads, and frozen deserts. They also have bags of chips and a few other other items along with supplements.
They also had cupcakes. This is of course in addition to their menu.

So since I don't eat gluten I tried out the QUINOA VEGGIE BURGER in a gluten free tortilla. The tortilla was too good to be true for being gluten free. I found out though after having a couple bites it had honey(2%) in it. That was disappointing so I unwrapped the burger and still very much enjoyed it. Next time I will get it done as a lettuce wrap. But wrapped or not, it could not have been more tasty. It was a quinoa patty, pickles, lettuce, tomato and tahini dressing. Normally it doesn't come with tahini and does come with Vegenaise and onion but I customized mine. I really did love it! BTW the tahini was yummy! It also came with a side salad which was good. In addition I also took a large order of lentil soup to go and it was incredible!!! I will definitely go back again. I highly recommend Juicy Ladies.

Updated from previous review on Sunday May 01, 2011

Pros: Delicious food, gluten/soy free options, friendly staff
beitme
beitme

fresh and tasty little joint

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2010

This place serves up great little meals. I say little because your not going to find full course meals here; the menu consists mostly of salads, sandwiches, and breakfast items (and smoothies of course). The price is reasonable since the quality of food nears top-notch. They serve flavored water (rather than tap, or merely purified) by means of lemons, oranges, and mint - it's really refreshing, as is all the food. The food is fresh and delicious. It's a small place, but the outdoor seating affords ample space to sit.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy, delicious
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Outstanding and healthy! - Not just Juice

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2010

Not just juice at all, although the juice is amazing. I went for the Love Juice, which is a carrot beet ginger apple lemon combo that looks like blood, but tastes like heaven. My gf went with a strawberry smoothie with I believe a date base, which was completely decadent. The food menu is great, and I'm sad I missed some options on the board I didn't see in the handheld menu. Nice time I'm going for the rice and bean bowl, but I must say the Veggie Burrito is quite good, and they press it in a grill and it comes out with the lines of perfection on it! The quinoa burger is made in house and has pickles on it that really make the flavor pop, I subbed the fatty aoli for ketchup and mustard and would definitely order it again. All in all I was extremely excited about this new find and can't thank Happycow enough for the heads up! Juicy Ladies you are doing it right!

Pros: juices, healthy food, great decor
ron31
ron31

Best in LA

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2009

Juicy Ladies is the best vegan and raw food in LA. The menu is well thought out, friendly people, and the food is as good as it gets! If you want smoothies or raw juices the selection quite diverse. Having been there many times and sampled a better part of the menu it really deserves a five head rating. The wraps are my favorites and after the first bite all your problems melt away! A tip of the hat to the ladies that put this new eating establishment there for us to enjoy.

Pros: excellant food, healthy, friendly
VeggieHeather
VeggieHeather

Healthy vegan and tasty!

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2009

Their smoothies are delicious and I love their sandwiches. However, they have really scaled back -- they used to have a delicious salad bar with kale, beet salad, quinoa, and sesame tofu, which they've gotten rid of. I find this disappointing because I thought the salad bar and unique options there really set them apart from other local vegan restaurants. Their cookies are delicious too. We order lunch from them regularly, and my non-vegan office staff loves their food.

Pros: healthy, appeals to non vegans, they deliver
Cons: keep changing the menu, bring back the salad bar!
Sagesveganmama
Sagesveganmama

Love this place!

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

Everyone that I have talked to at Juicy Ladies have been very nice. Their food and juices are fantastic too. I highly recommend them.

Pros: Food, Juice, Customer Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Juicy Ladies: