Serves meat, veg options available. This strives to use local and healthier ingredients. Has Wi-Fi; grab n go fridge case as well. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg
1506 N Maple Rd
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
Now Open

Mon-Thu 7:00am-6:00pm, Fri 7:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-2:00pm

First Review by veggiecar

Awesome place!

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2014

I was introduced to Juicy Kitchen because my boyfriend used to work there, and they have excellent vegetarian food. It is both healthy and tasty, with a wide variety of breakfast and lunch food (Restaurant closes at 6) and the staff is really friendly! It's a small place, and during a rush you may not be able to sit down, but it's awesome and has a great atmosphere.

Pros: good atmosphere, yummy and healthy, vegan and vegetarian friendly
Cons: very small dining room

Very Accomodating and Tasty!

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2014

They happily accommodated my very restrictive diet and even offer to make me anything from the many vegan/gluten-free/soy free ingredients they have on hand. I enjoyed the black bean and sweet potato burger over a bed of lettuce and am looking forward to trying several other items. Easy to find with lots of parking.

Pros: Delicious!, Accomodating!, Very friendly staff!

not a bad option; not the greatest option

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Came here around 1 pm on a Friday. We were looking for vegan options for breakfast. Sadly, their breakfast menu leaves something to be desired for vegans. The vegetarian options (sliders, breakfast quesadilla, French toast) either are not able to be vegan or they just remove the cheese. That's the trend at this place; the menu says whether a menu item has a vegan option, but that usually means removing the cheese and no replacement, as they don't have vegan cheese. I personally don't want a quesadilla with no cheese... So we ended up getting the quinoa salad and the Reuben, as well as both daily soups. Another problem was that the menu did not label vegan options correctly. The girl said that there was no vegan slider option, although the menu indicates that. There was also a discrepancy where the menu said something else was not able to be vegan but it was. We finished with a donut. The soups were pretty yummy. The salad and the Reuben just seemed a lot like something I could easily make at home.

Unfortunately the donut situation didn't end well. We ordered the chocolate frosted donut when we ordered our meal, but the waitress never brought it. No problem I thought - we don't want it until later anyway. Well, when I reminded her after lunch to give us our donut, she said she had already sold it to someone else :( I was sad. She ended up putting chocolate frosting on a cinnamon toast donut, but the flavors didn't mesh as well. The donut was very heavy on spelt.

For $36, this was expensive and not very generous in terms of portion sizes. I bet vegetarians have a much easier time eating here. They need to update their menu with what the real vegan options are :) quick and easy fix!

Pros: vegan baked goods, good coffee
Cons: price, lack of vegan breakfast options, vegan cheese, menu mislabeled vegan options

Right On

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2013

My son and I went in for a "treat". We tried a cookie and donut. Each item was fantastic. A bit expensive, but I know how expensive good vegan ingredients are so I was ok with that. The fruit flies in the desert display case were numerous though and it did gross me out a bit. Also, take note that they do not make food after a certain time, so you only get to choose from the deserts left or the salads and soups in the little frig, unless you know the owner, then they will warm that grill up and make you whatever you want despite the fact they just told the previous customer they couldn't turn the grill on.

Pros: Good treats, Healthy treats
Cons: Fruit Flies, Selective with who they turn grill on 4
  • non-vegetarian

Delicious options for veg & non-veg alike.

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

*Note: Happy Cow only allows four stars since this is technically a non-veg restaurant, but I say: five stars. This place is doing everything I like to see in a veg- and health- conscious restaurant, including "meat-optional"! ;)
Juicy Kitchen is executing a small menu very well while accommodating a range of dietary preferences, including vegan and gluten-free.
Directly adjacent to a gas station in a tiny strip mall, the cafe is much cozier and appealing once you step inside! It's small and casual, but the tables are not cramped and the space is warm and inviting. Order at the counter and choose a table. I like the self-serve water and flatware station.
The stuffed french toast with apples and walnuts is excellent, but not the huge stack that you might expect. (It's made with two sandwich-slices of whole grain bread.) If you're looking for quality and flavor over portion size, you won't mind at all! The seasonal quinoa & greens salad came with fresh white peaches that were just perfect! Caesar salad with chicken is a twist on the classic- romaine hearts are grilled and served whole, with capers and fresh-made croutons. Finally, the breakfast sliders are great. Again smaller than the average diner breakfast sandwich (as 'slider' implies) but thoroughly satisfying on the flavor front. The veggie and bacon slider has a mini-omelette stuffed with shredded sauteed carrot, zucchini, and onion, topped with cheese and nitrate-free bacon. So, so good.
A case near the register holds some pre-made selections including hummus, salads, and desserts. There's also a selection of baked goods at the counter, including gluten-free options.
Friendly staff, quick service, and freshest of ingredients thoughtfully prepared.

Dear Owner and Manager of Juicy Kitchen: