Larger of the 2 Juicy Jones vegan restaurants in Barcelona. Offers a meal-of-the-day that includes a soup with bread, a sample plate various small vegan dishes, and a dessert. Also makes seitan, tofu, vegetable sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts, juices, teas. Colorful, funky atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Spanish, Organic, Beer/Wine
C/Hospital 74 (barrio Raval, Metro Liceu)
Barcelona, Spain 08001

Alexandra1
Alexandra1

Nice food, good location

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2015

Lots of choice available and a very reasonably priced set menu. We really enjoyed our dinner here and would probably have returned, had we not been completely won over by Pili Pile offering incredibly high quality food, in a gorgeous atmosphere (including an alcoholic drink) for an even better price!

Rhiannon-vegan
Rhiannon-vegan

Yummy!

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2015

I visited Juicy Jones a few years ago when I was traveling around Spain, and I totally loved it!

LeFunks
LeFunks

Awesome vegan restaurant

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2014

I never miss this place when I visit Barcelona. They serve the most amazing tasty vegan food in a colorful premises right in the middle of Barcelona's old city. Inexpensive daily menu, the place tends to get a bit packed so I'd recommend to go before 2pm. And don't forget to try the "crema catalana" for dessert (the local variety of crème brûlée), if there's any left.

Pros: amazing dishes, inexpensive, desserts
Cons: can't think of a single one

IronDread
IronDread

Good,but...

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2014

Visited this place few weeks ago. Fantastic interiors,big choice of food and juices. We decided to go for a set lunch time menu. My starter salad was ok but swimming in dressing, not great but acceptable. My prtners tempura was good. Main dish seitan was slightly chewy (not in a good way) and super salty. The other dish, ravioli was delicious but,again, extremely salty. The set supposed to include a desert, but in the end we got charger for it extra,found out when left the place:( But the dessert,vegan crema catalana was spot on! Also a carafe of wine was included.Is worth visiting, but not great. Maybe it depends who cooks on the day.

Pros: Beautiful and cosy, Polite staff, speaking english, Central location
Cons: Too salty!, Too salty!, Got charged extra:(
MarkOstheimer
MarkOstheimer

Juicy Jones

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2014

Good vegan food, helpful staff. Just off the main pick pocket drag but vigilance is recommended. We enjoyed our meal and carafe of wine, prices reasonable, recommended.

Pros: Good value
KerryLydon
KerryLydon

delicious and friendly

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

I went here for lunch after reading about it on happy cow. There is a menu of 3 courses for 9.50. Choose from 5 starters, 5 main courses and 5 desserts plus wine or water. Great value and delicious vegan food.

Verowillo
Verowillo

Excellent !!!

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2014

Very good, very friendly, and not expensive.

Pros: Very good food and juices, Nice atmosphere, Inexpensive
Cons: Slightly noisy
CaptainKarin
CaptainKarin

Excellent!

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

Very friendly staff, wonderful juices and tasty food!
I can totally recommend this cozy restaurant!

Pros: friendly staff, good price, fresh juices!!!
RobDodd
RobDodd

Great experience, wonderful food

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

As a juice lover I was drawn to Juicy Jones, and the juices are excellent. I loved the food as well, perfect place for breakfast / brunch. Naturally Vegan. It was near our hotel on Las Ramblas so it was always our first port of call !

Pros: Lovely Juices, Lovely Food, Great prices
LillaMy
LillaMy

experienced customer at Juicy Jones!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

I have eaten in Juicy Jones about a thousand times!
I personally love the painted walls with fruit&veggie patterns-they make the place very cheerful and chill- and the atmosphere is usually really nice. The location makes always interesting the view to the street through their big windows! The owner is also very nice.
They have a huge list of juices and smoothies: veg&fruit juices; fruit, ice&soy milk smoothies and green smoothies. These are very good, reasonably priced and quite big (not organic though).
When it comes to the cooking, I think over the last year they have had different cooks and the quality of the food depends on the day, which means that sometimes it is great and then sometimes just OK. Before it used to be always excellent -- hopefully soon it'll get back to how it used to be. By the way, I was also quite disappointed when they decided to withdraw their salad, pizza and sandwich menu to just stick with the daily menu --the sandwiches were excellent:(
The portions are very big and actually if you don't usually eat a lot you might feel way too full after taking the whole menu (starter, main dish and dessert). The prices are unbeatable: three courses, homemade wholemeal bread + water or wine = 9,50
I really recommend their homemade pasta, that usually doesn't fail. Their hummus is normally really good as well. And if you are curious to taste a typical Catalan dessert, "crema catalana" (similar to crème brulée) you could have a go at their vegan version of it, although sometimes they burn the caramel!
A downfall is that they don't seem to have air conditioning (either that or it doesn't work most of the times). In winter it's sometimes a bit chilly and in the summer a bit too hot, although they fixed the problem quite well getting better and bigger fans.

I will insist on my initial point and recommend the juices and smoothies, which are ALWAYS EXCELLENT. If you want a sweet smoothie, I strongly suggest you try the pear,walnut, cinnamon and vanilla with soy milk and ice -heavenly tasty and super filling. If you feel like being healthier and getting a green one then you must have the celery, apple, lemon, avocado and spinach - it's DELICIOUS even if have never tried a green juice or smoothie in your whole life :)

Pros: nice place&atmosphere, good location, great juices&smoothies(fruit or green), big portions, cheap, usually good food
Cons: the quality of food is not always great, air conditioning doesn't work?
chubbyvegan
chubbyvegan

Nice place

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2014

I liked the interior, the staff were very friendly and the place was clean. The gazpacho was great, and the carrot cake was delicious. The veggie burger however was a bit too dry for my taste and some of my potatoes were burned. I did like the homemade ketchup.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice decorations
Cons: Main course was a bit disappointing
JonJon
JonJon

Colourful place with good food and juices

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

It was our first vegan restaurant in Barcelona and it made a good impression on us. Like the Veggie Garden, the place is very colourful, offers a 3-course-meal plus wine for less than 10 euros and a huge choice of fresh juices and milkshakes. Proportions are generous and food is of good quality and well presented. We tried the hummus, a mushrooms pie, a thali, seitan cutlets, the catalan cream and a carrot cake. Everything was really tasty and we were completely full after this complete lunch and a fresh juice. Don't miss it!

Pros: good food and juices, totally vegan, inexpensive, nice place, friendly staff
Marina Czarna
Marina Czarna

A juicy jewel

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2014

Juicy Jones

In spite of the decor (which looks like a dinosaur ate too many skittles and vomited on every wall), this place was amazing, one of the best places I've eaten in Europe. I get the impression that in countries where there is less of a culture of veganism (than North America), that the bar for acceptance tends to be lowered a little, as if it were out of compassion. This is not the case here! The food is excellent with a wide variety of cuisine which (unlike many/most other veg restaurants) is actually done incredibly well, case in point being the 100% legitimate and authentic (and delicious) Indian Thali sitting comfortably beside an (almost...) equally well done veggie burger. Juicy Jones offers a wide variety of fresh juices as well, which are huge and delicious.

The prices are very reasonable, the portions are generous, the staff speaks English, and the menu is available in English as well as Castilian (if memory serves... Maybe it was Catalan?). This was the best veg place I managed to find in Barcelona, and the hours are a *little* more predictable than many other places in Barcelona tend to be as well, which is always a good thing.

Pros: inexpensive, English friendly , delicious
Cons: uggy wallz
theo-sweden
theo-sweden

Super cool!

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

Really like this place! The food is good, but the drinks are awesome (smoothies, lemonades, milkshakes)! And the place is really beautiful. Go there!

Sternanis
Sternanis

Amazing food in the middle of the city!

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

We actually went to the other location but seems like it's closed now..

Great cozy place with innovative and delicious vegan meal for reasonable price. We were three girls and shared two Menu del Dia which were more than enough. Right in the middle of Las Ramblas but surprisingly quite and cozy. Has free wifi as well.

Pros: Tasty, Moderate price, Cozy atmosphere
Fevermarilyn
Fevermarilyn

You Should Go Here!

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

I went twice and I will definitely go again. The staff is friendly, the location funky and the food and fresh juices are amazing. I am loving it!

Veganessent
Veganessent

Very decent, and great service

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2014

Had the three course meal/ menu of the day. Great value and service. Gazpacho was the best I have tasted for sure as I wanted more of it, and I was never a huge fan of it before. Had an amazing ravioli dish, followed by Creme Catalan. Sad to see the other location closed : ( It had a great , trendy vibe and location. I had the breakfast and it was the best value Vegan breakfast ever and included pancakes, scrambled tofu and fresh orange juice! All in all I was impressed and will happily return!
Updated from previous review on Friday June 20, 2014

BrusselSprout
BrusselSprout

Feels like coming home

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2014

Arrived in Barcelona for a short break and headed to the Juicy Jones just off the Ramblas. Shocked to find it had closed down and turned into an artisanal-beer bar.

Luckily this Juicy Jones is still alive and well.

Fantastic shake of the day with almond milk, plantain and mango.
Menu was also delicious, and very filling, with green beans and potatoes topped with chopped veggie sausage for starter; the thali main (a plate with 3 different curry sauces, rice, popadoms, chutney and bahji) and a wonderfully sweet Catalan Cream dessert (a bit like a creme caramel with a cruchy caramalised sugar topping.

I couldn't help stealing a bit of my companion's meal, which started with gazpacho, and a main of mushroom-filled pasta with a delicious basil sauce and finished with a large slice of cheesecake with strawberry topping.

The meals were a bit more sophisticated than I remember from the last time I visited, but this is sitll hands-down the best vegan restaurant in Spain (and who knows, maybe even in the whole of the Mediterranean!)
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 29, 2014

Pros: Great food, Good price, Friendly service
Cons: Now only one branch in the city...
kiki sound
kiki sound

nice juices, just ok food

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2014

I´ve been in juicy jones many times, it used to be on of my must go places in barcelona to have a meal, one of the nice things is that you can have food the whole day, they don´t close between lunch and dinner, but with time I find the food getting worse, many times served cold or dried out rice in the thali... so it's been a while I just go to get a juice, wich are freshly made

Pros: freshly squeezed/made juices, nice location/decoration
Cons: food mediocre, cold food
Papika
Papika

Regular vegetarian place

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

Juici Jones has a good concept of vegan restaurant but our experience was regular. The menu is basic and tasty, but nothing extraordinary. Good value for money but, if you ask me for some vegetarian/vegan place in the center of the city (that is the case of Juicy Jones), probably I will recommend you another option for the same price (Veggie Garden or Self Naturista). Has an important variety of sandwiches and fresh juices, and the typical Thali regular-prepared. The atmosphere could be better: stressed and no-friendly staff and wrong coordination between it and the kitchen. You feel that there's no love, in opposite to the funny pictures of the wall. People tell me that in the past it was better. I wish it were improved.

Pros: Value for money, Location
Cons: Staff vibe
Fer
Fer

Good for lunch

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

A large restaurant with a good-price day menu. Excellent food, all vegan of course. Friendly danish owner. Colurfull deco.

Pros: Food, Price, Ambient
elrujo
elrujo

IF U R IN TOWN U GOTTA COME TO BOTH

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

Barcelona can be greatful to have this amazing vegan restaurant. The City is also lucky to have two of them close to each other central.
Great food and creative interior design.
Amazing paintings of the walls. Remind me always a bit of Camden Town.
Come over and enjoy their delicious food.

Pros: tasty food, amazing interior design, there r two of them
Cons: menu variety can be bigger
runsten
runsten

I just love this place

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

Always nice food! Just come here!

I have been here many times since 2012.

Pros: good quality food but still cheap, staff, atmosphere
Cons: area not so nice - be aware of thiefs!, noisy
PURITZ
PURITZ
  • non-vegetarian

GREAT

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2013

having spent a week in Barcelona eating in veggie place I would say this is definately the BEST, great food, super tasty, great value and really friendly service

yuvadm
yuvadm

Decent food, horrible service

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2013

We visited JJ several times over different times of the day. The food there is pretty good: mainly starters, bocadillos and two options for veggie burgers. Plenty of options for juice combinations and milkshakes.

Unfortunately, the service is horrible. Seems like there's only one guy operating the kitchen, and if there are more than a few people dining, there are serious delays.

Go there if you have time, but expect to stay for a while, and don't count on the service.

Pros: Good food, Wide array of drinks
Cons: Horrible service
Wine Lover
Wine Lover

We were ignored so left without ordering

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2013

We arrived at Juicy Jones ravenous. It was pretty busy but there were a few free tables. We walked right up to the counter and were given menus (with English translations underneath) when we were shown to our table - but after that we were ignored and the staff appeared to actively avoid eye contact.
I managed to catch our waitress as she was passing and asked if she could explain the specials menu dishes to us in English and she asked us to wait a few moments. She did not come back and it appeared she was busying herself with tidying things at the counter rather than rushed off her feet dealing with customers.
We decided to give them a few more minutes, then another few because we really wanted to eat, not have to trek somewhere else. After around 20 minutes of being ignored, not even offered a drink let alone given an opportunity to order, we left.

Pros: Menu of healthy food and juices
Cons: Poor service when we were there
cincorobles
cincorobles

Great Quality Vegan

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

Outstanding food and service. The quality of our selections was outstanding. We had a great dinner, enjoyed the warm atmosphere and friendly staff and patrons. Everyone and everything was just right.

guidm
guidm

really nice

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

first stop in this new restaurant chain and surprisingly really satisfasfied! the entire menu was very tasty and staff was very nice, all in a relaxed atmosphere! and not expensive! very recommended in the flourishing new veg places in BCN!

Pros: Tasty, Original, Cheap
heywood100
heywood100

Hazy but good memories

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

I headed here after a very heavy night on the sauce, and with a need to eat something that was going to be satisfying, replenish the vital nutrients I had destroyed the previous evening, and not make me, erm, revisit yesterday's food and drink intake. Hm.

Anyway, Juicy Jones did a very good job at all three of those requirements - I had an oriental-style tofu sandwich on decent bread, with a tasty spicy sauce and some (slightly under-ripe) avocado. They also do a massive range of fresh juices and milkshakes, with a menu of various natural supplements you can add; and the decor is spacious, with a sort of vaguely edgy graffiti vibe going on.

Overall, recommended - we almost ended up going back there the next day in the evening, but had missed the closing time by half an hour or so.

elena0411
elena0411

E' un posto meraviglioso!!!!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

L'atmosfera e molto divertente ed il cibo eccezionale.
Il menu cambia ogni giorno con alcuni piatti combinati, cucinati molto bene. Ottimi i succhi freschi di frutta e verdura ed anche i piatti vegani. Lo consiglio vivamente.

Pros: atmosfera, cibo, bevande
Calypso Angst
Calypso Angst

Colourful cheap vegan fodder with massive menu

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2012

The menu del dia is amazing and comes recommended. You choose one of four or five starters - such as hummus, mixed salad, gazpacho (cold Spanish soup) or normal (warm) soup. Following that, you choose from the likes of an Indian thali, or vegan cheese and vegetable pie. For dessert you can pick from Indian kulfi ice cream, cake of the day, or chocolate pudding. A glass of wine or water is included.

Menu del dia II consists of a main dish and a juice and costs about €9. (Great for raw vegans)

In addition there are a range of sandwiches that are made on a choice of breads and filled with the likes of avocado, hummus, sundried tomatoes. My favourite is tofu, ginger satay and avocado with grated salad. Tastes sublime.

Read full review here:

Pros: choice, decor, free wifi
Cons: cold, can be a little unfriendly
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

perfect!!

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

Best vegan menu i ever had!
Great atmosphere, good prices!
We come back again!

dagny70
dagny70

Nice place

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

We stopped here for a quick lunch whilst out sightseeing. Funky, colourful interior, and friendly staff. I had a salad with noodles, tofu, ginger & peppers which was quite delicious and my partner had a tofu & pepper sandwich. We also had milkshakes - chocolate & coconut, which was thick and rich, and vanilla, which was a bit watery. It was a good place to stop for a quick veggie bite and there seemed to be alot to choose from.

Pros: Tasty food, Good choice, Quick service
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

affordable and tasty

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

The set menu was a terrific deal that came with a drink, starter, main and dessert. Good portions, great prices, busy place.

Pros: great value , vegan desserts, fresh juices
aifos
aifos

Interesting place

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2012

I've been here several times and I really like it.
It's always a bit busy but I always had my food delivered pretty fast.
The menu is very original, although it can be a bit difficult to read.
Last time I had a salad, the portion was huge but the plate was small and the lettuce was nut cut so it was uncomfortable to eat.
They offer a wide variety of fresh juices and smoothies.

Pros: vegan, not expensive, huge portions
Cons: small plates, confusing menu
Sarayna
Sarayna

Can't wait to come back

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2012

Loved this place, so healthy, and great atmosphere crazy walls very colourful with lots of painted on fruit!
The menu of the day + juice of the day is great value, and was all really tasty.

Pros: Very tasty, Really fun decoration, Healthy
Happyheffer
Happyheffer

very chilled

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

Location; easy to find
Just popped in for quick juice but it took a while. Staff very chilled and slow.
Looks better than it counterapart in Cardenal

JDH
JDH

Haphazard

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

The food is OK but not special. They seem to run out of things early on in the day. My noodles were delivered literally and they thought nothing of not putting in the tofu and veg etc. There are much better places to go.

Pros: Vegan
Cons: Poor service, Foo not available
TaliLerner
TaliLerner

very nice place, great food.

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

the place was easy to find and is decorated with beutiful wall drawings. the manu is beutiful but hard to understand, ask the waiter about today's hot dishes. i ate the musaka, it was great and came with a very good salad.
they also have juices and shakes, salads and sandwiches - all looks great.
very reomended!

Pros: great food, good prices
Cons: slow service
warino
warino

Fun, funky, delicious...but the service is awful!

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2011

Excellent value, great prices - we had the plata del dia, the moussaka, which was absolutely delicious and filling. But, the place was as hot as an oven, and the service -- so bad...I hope this was an off day. Seriously, it's a good thing we had tapas (at Mosquito) before coming to Juicy Jones or else we would have walked out.

Pros: Food, Price, Value
Cons: Service, Ambiance, Service
Moix
Moix

I loved this place!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2011

This is my favourite vegan cafe to date.. go here when you have an hour or so to take a seat & relax as, yes the place is very chilled & casual & the service is unhurried. Very friendly & helpful staff, lovely quality of food. I came in for lunch on three occasions & each visit it was awesome & satisfying. The lunch special is bread bowl, entree, main, dessert, wine/water for 9 euro, which seems too cheap!

Pros: Plenty of seating, Cool staff, Amazing eats
kilgore
kilgore

Great food, but service a little slow,

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2011

As with the other Juicy Jones in Barcelona, the food (especially the home-made houmus)is just about faultless. There is an extensive menu, and everything, especially the Menu del Dia, always provides great value. The service is friendly, but both times we've visited it's been quite slow and they occasionally get the order mixed up. On our last visit we were waiting almost 30 minutes for the bill after asking for it.

Pros: Cheap, Quality food, Friendly
Cons: Service a little slow
Kasia Guzek
Kasia Guzek

Colorful and tasty

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2011

I enjoyed a lot. Menu of the day: vegetable soup, thali, carrot cake and glass of wine was more than enough for me and it coasted 8 euros.
Easy accessible from the main walking street La Rambla.
Sweet waitress and cute cook made it even more worth to go there.

Pros: good food, cheap price
Cons: very hippi style
Jennifer June
Jennifer June

Loved Juicy Jones!

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2011

My boyfriend (omnivore) and I (vegan) ate several times at Juicy Jones during our last trip to Barcelona. We loved the food and the owner was a sweetheart. I would recommend it to anyone (http://www.sweetvegan.net/vegan-in-barcelona/) and I can't wait to go back!

Pros: The Specials, The service, the ambiance
sbszine
sbszine

Hit and Miss

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2010

Juicy Jones can be great or mediocre depending on what you order. I enjoyed the fried pea soup and Mexican polenta, but didn't care for the pizza. The thali seems to be a reliable permanent feature of the menu of the day.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Food quality varies
aaanderson
aaanderson

Great Food

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2010

There are two locations for Juicy Jones in Barcelona. The one by the hospital was in a seedy area; however, it had better service! The Menu of the Day is the best deal and you get to try something new!

Pros: yummy, all vegan
Cons: bad neighborhood
veggiewoman
veggiewoman

beggars cant be choosers

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2010

JJ was not very good in terms of the quality of food. I had a sandwich on bread that was quite stale, with flavourless tofu. My sister had oily gazpacho and a very mediocre salad. However, although the food was not great, vegetarian food is VERY difficult to find outside a grocery store and so something is better than nothing.

Pros: variety, healthy choices
Cons: bland
kwanza
kwanza

Full of colour

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2010

Really like this place. Just a few minutes walk away from the Rambla. The meal deals are particularly good value, and the Indian thali is highly recommended. Extensive menu which includes snacks, sandwiches, salads, soups, full meals, and a large variety of juices. Very colourful decor which makes eating here a particularly unique experience.

Pros: Unique decor, Great value meal deals, Healthy
Cons: Not open for breakfast
lcorso
lcorso
  • raw

Great place

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2010

I am visiting Barcelona with my boyfriend and I found this place of Happy Cow. And I went there for lunch. I got a large juice and their guacamole. It was delicious. My boyfriend got a sandwich and said it was good. Overall my experience there was great. I recommend it for the juices and smoothies they had a lot of options to pick from. The service is decent.

Pros: excellent juice, good prices
Cons: took awhile to get the check
Clur
Clur

Fantastic!

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2010

I was only in Barcelona for 2 days and went here on the first day with a meat eater friend. We both had the soba noodles salad which was very filling and very tasty. I also had a vanilla milkshake and ordered a 'bocadilla' sandwich to take away for later. It came to 13 euros. The sandwich was very nice but be warned, the bread can be hard work!! It's like ciabatta style but is very heavy. Would definitely go here again and next time will leave room for a cake!

Pros: Great food, Great choice, Friendly staff
Cons: Music could get irritating
hack_man
hack_man

Excellent & Funky

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2009

Wow, what a fabulous place. Funky design and colourful graffiti throughout makes this a welcoming and inviting place. The menu is 100% vegan and the choice is amazing. 8.50 EUR for a 3 course meal including a glass of wine. Very friendly staff and a wonderful atmosphere throughout. Great value, great location and fully recommended.

Pros: variety of food, staff, design
gregoryibib
gregoryibib

Vegan Restaurant near Ramblas

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2009

My husband and I went to this restaurant 3 times in the 10 days we were in Barcelona. The staff were helpful and attentive. The menu of the day was excellent value and as it is all vegan, I wasn't too worried about understanding it with my limited Spanish.
The puddings were really nice, and a real treat to eat vegan cakes and cookies that some one else cooked. We asked for cookies to take away (para llevar), and the waitress was happy to help.
The wine was good.
Some of the mains were a bit odd, but tasty, and the sauces were lovely too.

Pros: accessible for mobility impaired, menu also in english, vegan wine!

Dear Owner and Manager of Juicy Jones - Hospital: