JuiceLand - Hyde Park

Cafe setting. Offers juices, smoothies, daily raw food specials, salads, sandwiches, soups, raw desserts and chocolates. Previously Daily Juice. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Juice bar, American, Raw, Take-out
205 W 3rd St (Hyde Park, downtown)
Austin, Texas 78701
512-243-6532

Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-7pm.

First Review by pjw2000
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

vegan options

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

I didn't realise this place was here, so after making the long journey toreach ice cream it was nice to know we could actually buy something 'proper' to eat for lunch too!

It shares the same space as Sweet Ritual- it's open plan and was very busy when we visited. I am an eco-warrior and 99% of times I will never buy something in take-away packaging, but on this occasion I did. I bought a cold noodle salad box as we were due to catch an overnight bus and needed easy snacks for the evening. This was a decent little portion but really only a lunch thing- I wouldn't say it's sufficient for dinner, but there were bigger boxes you could buy.

It's a shame more people don't review/reach this space, as it's all veggie and at least gives various options!

Cons: out the main city
esestud
esestud

Tasty, but not worth the ridiculous price

3 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2010

The same large drink you get from Jamba Juice for $5 will easily cost $10 at this place. Plus the "meals" for close to $10 each are really snack size portions, not to mention the $3 wafer-thin mint chocolates. I wouldn't mind eating here again, but only if it's somebody else's treat for me.

Pros: Tasty
Cons: Pricey
tanyaviola
tanyaviola

Refreshing food and smoothies!

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

Stopped in while visiting Austin. The woman behind the counter was super friendly and suggested some items to us. We got the "Tuna" boat which was delicious, and the enchiladas (just one, but you CAN order two) which was also really good. I also ordered the Chocolate Prana smoothie which is like chocolate mousse in a cup, amazing! We were there a bit on the early side of lunch, so there was plenty of parking at that time, but I could see if were packed you wouldn't be able to stop.

Pros: great raw food, delicious smoothies, friendly staff
Cons: few parking spots
pjw2000
pjw2000

Daily Juice Cafe

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2009

I finally tried this place out, after visiting the Barton Springs location just a couple times and being quite impressed with their drink menu. I had the BBQ coconut sandwich and the avocado caesar salad, which had a vegan dressing that was eerily close to the real thing. The meal was fresh, delicious and attractively prepared. It was nice to have something that was healthy and organic.

That said, it was ridiculously pricey, as is usually the case with raw/living food. I paid over $20 for just the previously mentioned items and a smoothie, and I didn't even get the largest sizes. It's possible to eat cheaper there, but it's still pretty expensive for anything. It's worth checking out, though. I'll eat there again, but not too often.

Their drink menu is pretty awesome. It should be noted that optional add-ins for their drinks include egg white protein, bee pollen, and yogurt. I'm pretty sure none of the set drink list includes any of these ingredients. Besides them, the menu is completely vegan.

It should also be noted that their food menu is small - the main attraction is the drinks. Although the choices are few, they are very good.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Healthy, Tasty
Cons: Expensive!, One of many raw places in town, Limited seating, small menu

Dear Owner and Manager of JuiceLand - Hyde Park: