Small cafe serving juices, hemp milk smoothies, raw food, cooked vegan food, wheatgrass, vegan frozen treats. Food is made to order. Four indoor tables for eat-in. Very relaxed atmosphere. A good place to stop at before heading to Ocean Beach. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
3906 Judah St (44th near Ocean Beach, Outer Sunset district)
San Francisco, California 94122
415-665-8423

Open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat-Sun 9am-7pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by rebeccaj
dkinjer
dkinjer

food was good, but it's expensive

3 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I and my spouse came here with my daughter and we enjoyed the food and the smoothies. But the place is too informal for my taste and for the price. It came out pretty expensive considering that it is not full-service, that there are eclectic tables and chairs, etc. My spouse did enjoy the waffle and I tasted it and it was quite tasty, and of course real maple syrup is the way to go. I ate the Exodus, which was good, but not something amazing. The grain, veggie stews, etc. are not so different from stuff I can make at home. When I go out to eat vegan I like food that is not what I can do myself.
There isn't a great selection, especially if you don't like to eat a lot of beans.

Pros: Food was tasty, smoothies very good
Cons: atmosphere rather basic, limited selection, expensive for what you get
sandramv
sandramv

My Acai Bowl go-to place

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

My first Acai Bowl ever was from here. I will always go back for more. It was huge, but delicious. Perfect combination of granola and smoothie. I can't wait to try the waffle. I have also tried the smoothies and the raw desserts. They have raw vegan, vegan and vegetarian options.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 24, 2014

Malin
Malin

in love with food, location, service

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

Love everything. Simple concept, everything is vegan, raw options, this makes me happy. I asked the kitchen about the recipe to the raw granola and they where very helpful.... Great food, we had acai and no shoes, no shirt and both where great.

FoodAndLoathing
FoodAndLoathing

Loved All The Food!

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

I got a fruit smoothie and half of a sandwich that was in a pita with hummus and lots of fresh greens. My sister got the acai bowl, which is better than ice cream, in my opinion. Our friend got a raw dish with marinated mushrooms that I thought was excellent. They were out of rice when we came, so they didn't have a couple menu options we would have chosen. But what we got was so great that I really cannot hold it against them. The service was a bit slow, but very friendly. I want to eat the entire raw menu! They had a separate menu of dairy smoothies, which seems unnecessary to me, but it's the only non-vegan item I observed.

Pros: Great Food, Raw, Fresh
Cons: Slow Service, Runs Out Of Menu Items
VgnPwr
VgnPwr

ah sie eee!

3 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2012

So Ive gone here for many years. They haven't had their vegan soft serve for a longtime, so I always end up getting the Acai bowl which is killer!! I do love raw food as well, but its pretty hit or miss here.Sometimes its like I paid 9bux for food someone obviously didn't care about making, and other times its good. The owner is very cool and knows his food. The juices on the other hand are great!

Pros: vegan options
SunnyOutdoors
SunnyOutdoors

fresh raw ice cream is great

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2012

Bohdi, the veggie owner makes it when he feels like it. Most likely it will be during the weekends. Or you can buy the ice cream prepackaged.

Great place but it's in cold location. If this was in LA, this place would be packed. The community really tries to support this place

Pros: ice cream, fresh, clean
sparedes
sparedes

poor service

3 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2011

arrived at 9am for breakfast, staff could see us waiting on sidewalk, but instead of opening the door they continued to clean, move boxes, etc, finally let us in at 9:05. Then server made us wait longer, rather than take our order to get the waffles going, she first had to clean the cash register (very meticulously wiping the keys, the display, etc). After we placed our order, they turned on some loud hard rock music, which is fine but maybe not at 9am with breakfast. We were turned off by the service, so we changed our order to go. The almond mocha ice cream was excellent, the waffles were okay, not great. Probably won't return.

Pros: good vegan ice cream
Cons: poor service
Petesternz
Petesternz

Wasn't wild about it

3 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2010

Disappointed by my trip to Judahlicious. The hemp ice cream was OK, nothing more - though the smoothie was delicious. Still, it's just a smoothie. I'm not huge on raw food to begin with, and sadly, this place confirmed everything I thought about it. The mango seaweed salad was revolting. Don't think the flavours went well together at all. It came with a tiny "tuna" sandwich that had no flavour whatsoever. For $12 I felt underwhelmed by the quantity and quality. Won't be back. Liked the look and feel of the place, though. By the ocean, it has a super atmosphere, which gets it an extra cow.

Pros: nice place
Cons: value
EscapeFromSF
EscapeFromSF

A neighborhood vegan restaurant.

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2009

This is not just a juice bar.

The first time I stopped in, I was expecting a juice bar, based on a review I read previously. So I had a smoothie and it was good, if a little pricey. The second time, I went for the food. Except for bee pollen (which I'm not inclined to hold against it), as near as I can tell, the food is entirely vegan, catering to both those who like their food cooked and those who like it raw. I'd have to look again to see if they use any dairy in any of their drinks.

I had their grain bowl, consisting of quinoa, a soup they have, and some veggies, for $8.50. I'm not a real big vegetable eater, but I left there satisfied and with a full stomach. The service was friendly and swift.

They also offer vegan waffles for breakfast, making it one of the few vegan restaurants in this part of the world that is actually open for breakfast. The counterperson I asked (on my first visit) wasn't sure of their opening time but thought it was 8 or 9 am.

So all that is good, but there are other reasons to consider this place. First, it is way out in the Sunset District. Yes, it is only a couple blocks from Golden Gate Park, but not a part of the park where there are lots of people. It is just far enough in from the ocean that you don't get crowds from there either. This is a place that serves its neighborhood, and from what I can see, their neighbors are happy. You'll be able to find parking without hunting for it very hard and if, like me, you occasionally wind up traversing San Francisco from the peninsula north during rush hour, a little extra navigation will bypass all that traffic and bring you out to this place where you'll find truly nutritious options and a pleasant place to wait out the traffic.

About the only drawback to this place is that it lacks WiFi. It is kind of a small restaurant, with only a few tables, so they probably couldn't handle a lot of people hanging out for hours. But it does somehow feel like the sort of place that ought to have WiFi.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, breakfast
Cons: no wifi
rebeccaj
rebeccaj

Vegan soft-serve ice cream!

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2009

The only thing on their menu I've tried so far is the hemp milk soft-serve ice cream, served in a compostable bowl with a little wooden spoon. I'm hooked on the stuff. Want some now!

Pros: soft serve!
Cons: A little pricey