Vegan kitchen and juice bar. Menu offers fresh juices & smoothies, soups, Asian fusion style main plates for lunch, and desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Asian, Fusion, Juice bar

First Review by VBarryLyndon
JonJon
JonJon

Great food, nice place, small portions

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

I had some difficulties to find the place since it is inside a non-commercial building, but I were finally happy to eat there! The place is simple but quiet and allows to feel like at home. You will get out of your shoes and sit at a wood table. The atmosphere is pleasant, the food is vegan and the staff is friendly. There is usually only one dish each day, coming from different exotic countries. That day, I had a tamal, which was really good but it was a very small portion. I was still hungry when I left the place even if the dish was really good.

Pros: original and tasty food, friendly staff
Cons: small portions, place hard to find
BaloneySlap
BaloneySlap

Great little haven!

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

This place is excellent! The plates are 9$ now, but so worth it. If you get a membership you can buy a punch card and save some money. I love coming here after a yoga session at Moksha (they are on the same floor of the Warshaw building).

Chantal always cooks with great care and the presentation is lovely. Food is always fresh, healthy, and filling. She makes delicious curries and sauces. Plus homemade Kimchi! Excellent. I can't rave enough about this place. Everyone should try it. She's mostly only open for lunch (til 3) but some nights til 7. Find the restaurant on facebook for tips on hours and today's special :)

Pros: Creative, Always delicious, Beautiful space
Cons: only one option served
VBarryLyndon
VBarryLyndon

jubar review

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

We found the address, and it wasn't directly on the street. The lovely vegan kitchen was on the second floor, and then all the way around to the back. The owner, Chantal, is very warm and friendly, there is a little bar in front of the open kitchen, where one may sit and drink a healthy smoothie/juice. The sunlight coming through the windows facing the street, was spectacular.

Chantal has one special delicious plate per day. Have a seet at one of the tables, and then go up to the bar and order. When we went it was $8 Canadian. She speaks English so don't worry, but she doesn't mind helping you with your French, which was great, because I wanted to practice while I was in Montreal.

The food was amazing. That day there were jicama noodles, kimchee, ALL sorts of chopped vegetables, a lovely flavor and black sesame seeds sprinkled. The portion was perfect, and we had even been walking all day and this was just what we needed. Ask for "l'eau sil vous plait" if you want some water, and she will give you two little metal cups and a pitcher.

This is a VERY special little place. I highly recommend you pay Chantal a visit at JUBAR the next time you are in Montreal.

Pros: friendliness/accomodating, delicious food., pretty and relaxing space.
Cons: NONE

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Jubar: