Juan's Flying Burrito

Serves meat, veg options available. Burrito joint with a variety of vegetarian options, most of which can be made vegan by modification. Fresh made guacamole and salsa. Veg items include the super green burrito (roasted veggies and chilies), veggie punk burrito (potato and chili based), sweet potato quesadilla, veggie enchilada, mardi gras Indians tacos. Funky atmosphere with a punk rock vibe. Has local beer. Also a location in the Mid City area (see website). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
2018 Magazine St (Uptown)
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130

JeffGrippe
JeffGrippe

Supergreen Burrito is Superb

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

The mid city location is very close to where we are staying. We ordered the Supergreen Burrito and the Veg Fajitas. We also started with an appetizer of guacamole and chips.

The supergreen burrito was so big that even sharing it with someone, we were full after eating it. Still the food on the fajita place was varied and tasty

When we ordered all veg food we were offered a choice of dairy or none. Although we are not vegan, it was nice to be offered the choice of vegan preparation. It show that they care about the choice that we make and are willing to accomodate.

Both dishes that we ordered were delightful. I would skip the guacamole and chips. The guacamole is not made to order although it tasted fine.
Updated from previous review on Friday May 03, 2013

We went back in 2014. I should have read my own review first. We ordered exactly the same thing and we were offered vegan (no dairy) options. We ordered the Guacamole again and once again, I'd recommend passing. I ordered a frozen drink again, and again it was way too sugary.

Still, the main dish was great and they really try to help you when they know you are veg/vegan. We will be going back!

Pros: great veg entrees, accommodating to vegans
Cons: guacamole not made to order, frozen drinks too sugary
veggiegirl66
veggiegirl66

We Love Juans

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2014

This place is right down the street from my house so we go a lot. It's a great place to get burritos and their margaritas are also fantastic! Very vegan friendly :)

Pros: Delicious, Cheap
Cons: Wish They Had More Vegan Options
BFonville
BFonville

Mardi Gras Indian tacos!

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2012

Not quite vegan but mardi gras indian tacos are the jam.

Pros: margs in pint glasses, cheap
Cons: crappy guac

cheriw
cheriw

Vegan Mexican Food

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

We made the trip to Juan's Flying Burrito after reading the reviews on this site. It was a neat place to visit. The decor is interesting and the art displayed throughout is for sale. I ordered the wet burrito and they were able to vegan-ize it for me and my husband ordered the veggie punk. The size was way too much to finish but both were delicious. The price was really reasonable - a can of PBR was only $1!

Pros: Big portions, Cool atmosphere, Nice staff
Cons: Long walk from the French Quarter
gexfiles
gexfiles

serves to please, busy, nice little place

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2011

we walked back a second time due to the super yummy salad I made out of several of their sides, my husband ordered it as well. They will certainly give you what you want and they remembered us :-) Very nice staff, cute little place in the garden district, the nicest area to hang out in our opinions.

Pros: great service, accommodating
Cons: not a lot of vegan options
jujutsuka
jujutsuka

good burritos

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

The main seating is booths, and there is also a bar and a few tables in the back. It's a small place, but the potato and bean burrito was delicious. I imagine that this place is key in wee hours after a night on the town (actually, i guess they're only open until 11 or 10... but still).

Pros: yum
Cons: small, busy
swaan
swaan

Delicious!

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2010

My server understood what "vegan" meant and offered to have me order a bean burrito with three veggies, and guacamole, no dairy for (I think) the price of a regular vegetarian burrito. They have vegan (or vegan-able) options, but it was nice to special order. Also, they have whole wheat tortillas. Everything was delicious and fresh!

Pros: great food, inexpensive, helpful staff
Cons: not 100% veg
kayellebee
kayellebee

A Must-eat

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2010

We visited both locations while in town and were satisfied each time. The first time (Mid City) I got the Supergreen burrito (dairy optional) which was orgasmic and my boyfriend got the vegetarian fajitas w/o cheese. An appetizer of chips & salsa (which was chunky and awesome) and beer may have put us over the top cuz we were so full we wanted to die. The second time we went to the Garden District location and my boyfriend got the Supergreen (cuz he saw how in love I was the first time) and I, not being too hungry, simply got the chips/salsa/guac appetizer (which did end up being quite the meal). You MUST go to this place. They have chill music playing and great prices.

Pros: Yummy, Big portions
nolaveggirl
nolaveggirl

Big and Satisfying Burritos

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2010

Burritos are huge and relatively cheap. The Veggie Punk and Super Green Burritos are satisfying and can easily be made vegan without cheese. The place can be packed for lunch and dinner-especially on the weekends. I haven't always had the best service-those hipster tattooed folks can be just plain rude.

Pros: Yummy Mexican food, Not too expensive
Cons: Occasional rude service, Expect a wait during lunch or dinner
vegbaker
vegbaker

Yum

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2010

Inexpensive with very large portions. Delicious too!

Pros: Inexpensive, Large Portions, Tasty
Cons: Parking can be a hassle
mylarobin
mylarobin

Cheap veggie food

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2010

I enjoyed Juan's Flying Burrito. I got enchiladas (gluten-free and vegetarian), and sat outside to people watch on lovely Magazine Street. They are inexpensive and the food was decent. My Margarita was also decent and cheap.

Pros: Inexpensive, yummy, outdoor seating
bayzydk
bayzydk

Tasty Bargain

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2010

I've only been to the Magazine location, but my experience was great. Hip but welcoming atmosphere, big menu, and big portions. Being from Seattle (where everything is expensive), I was shocked to see a huge, veggie filled burrito was only going to put me back 6 or 7 dollars. My server was totally committed to helping me find nondairy options, and seemed to know what a vegan was. I was there around Strawberry Festival, so the local brewery, Abita, had out their strawberry beer. AMAZING. I highly recommend eating at Juan's

Pros: cheap, cool vibe, friendly waitstaff

Dear Owner and Manager of Juan's Flying Burrito: