Boston-based dairy ice cream shop and coffee roaster. In 2012, it launched vegan flavors made with coconut milk and with hemp milk. more-less

First Review by BostonVegan
BostonVegan
BostonVegan

Tasty vegan ice cream

3 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

JP Licks recently introduced some coconut-based ice creams. The first time I was there I asked the associate to confirm they were vegan, and he said they were not. So I left. The next time I was there, I asked again, and was told that they were. (After trying some, I can confirm they were, because if they were not I would have had a physical reaction.)

It was a few months ago, I don't remember the flavor I had, but I do remember thinking it was quite tasty and I would eat their vegan ice cream again in the future.

Of course, if I've got wheels I'm still going to drive over to FoMu in Allston because they are all vegan and they have a ton of amazing flavors.

Pros: Convenient location, Tasty vegan ice cream, A fun crowd
Cons: Staff not well trained on ingredients, Risk of contamination with milk

Dear Owner and Manager of J.P. Licks: