Boston-based dairy ice cream shop and coffee roaster. In 2012, it launched vegan flavors made with coconut milk and with hemp milk. more-less
1312 Mass Ave
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
617-492-1001

First Review by smerdmann
smerdmann
smerdmann

Vegan Ice Cream

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

3 Vegan choices: usually 1-2 soy, 1 hemp, sometimes 1 sorbet. I've tried a few of the soy ice creams and they're always thick and not very refreshing. I love coconut and almond milk ice cream, which they never carry. Note that they do have a kiddie size, which is still pretty big, so start there if you aren't sure about the flavor. So far, I've been disappointed, but I gave them 3 stars because I still appreciate that they're an ice cream shop that carries vegan options.

Pros: 3 vegan options, Fair prices
Cons: Too thick & rich, Never carry almond or coconut

Dear Owner and Manager of J.P. Licks: