CLOSED: Joy Vegetarian

No MSG, offers salads and many types of fresh mushroom which are grown within the store. Many mockmeat dishes. Also sells some products including a chlorophyll drink. SEPT 2013 REPORTED OWNER IS LOOKING TO RE-OPEN ELSEWHERE. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Thai, Take-out
Pattaya North Road, Pattaya Nuea (/near Northern bus station and Thanachart Bank)
Pattaya, Thailand
086-8479538, 089-8342301

Open 11am-10pm.

First Review by eric
davidolli
davidolli

The best vegetarian thai restaurant in pattaya

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2012

For me this is the best vegetarian thai restaurant in Pattaya, till now. I came here to eat many times.
Thai vegetarian people loves how they cook. I saw even pepole working in other vegetarian restaurants come here to eat. YES it is very spicy but thai taste is this :)
You can drink Chlorophyll as much you want.

Pros: excellent food, drink Chlorophyll how much you want
Cons: bald place
anjobaba
anjobaba

real name is not Joy but : chlorophyll

3 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2012

I have been there just today jan 2012.
place look sad. was empty tho.
food was good. I had CHICKEN WITH CASHEW NUTS.(seemed the only not spicy)
I asked..the food is not organic. but they use "protein"a sorta seitan from soy.
It was 69baht without rice.
I asked also for the name and they didnt know about "joy" but they toldme : chlorophyll" something..since they are fond and resellers of chlorophyll bottles

Pros: prices, clean
Cons: no english at all, menu too spycy and fried
OT
OT

Lots of chilli when specified NO chilli

2 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

A very unusual restaurant, mushrooms are grown on the premises which gives off a musty aroma. In a nutshell I was disappointed - the staff member who took our order asked if we wanted spicy or non spicy (thoughtful) and we opted for non spicy NO CHILLI as my husband is spice intolerant - BUT four out of the six dishes ordered were spicy, two very spicy with obvious chilli seeds in the gravy. Due to this we ate very little. The other disapointing feature about this restaurant is the fact that the juices and water on offer are warm and only cold when ice is added - a definite no no in any Asian country. The first and last visit to this restaurant.

Pros: Nice staff, Good prices
Cons: Difficult menu, Hot drinks, Musty smell

eric
eric

Mushrooms Mushrooms Mushrooms

5 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

This was a good find, just a few doors away from the Northern bus station. I am not really into mushrooms, unfortunately, as that is the focus of this restaurant. They grow their own mushrooms in the store itself, interesting to see.
I was a little under, so I decided to stick with a simple soup and rice. Was quite happy with it and the price was reasonable. I also tried their chlorophyll drink which was uplifting.
Their friendly staff did speak some English.

Pros: Convient to bus station, Nice staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Joy Vegetarian: