Joy Discovery

Vegetarian cafe operated by students of Sri Chinmoy. Offers breakfast and lunch. Located behind the Austral Hotel. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, International, Western

First Review by Anubha
NomadShane
NomadShane

Mostly Burgers

2 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

What is it with Adelaide... All the veggie places are mostly burgers. A salad bar perhaps? At least this place offers gluten free wraps. But no gluten free buns. And not cute.

Cons: Limited Choice, Decor
Purpledonna
Purpledonna

Delicious!

5 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

Really relaxing place to eat with a great menu. I had the golden tofu burger and on a second visit I had the not-dog. Both were gorgeous. I also had a slice of peanut butter chocolate cheesecake. All these items were vegan. I'd definitely go back here again.

Pros: Nice vibe, Fresh, tasty food.
fearless
fearless

Healthy nutritious food

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

Lucky for me this cafe is just around the corner from work so there are many times it has been my saviour when I haven't been able to organise some healthy food from home. My favourites are the Tofu Burger and the soups. If you are after a nice drink I'd recommend the Banana smoothie.
If you are after a healthy and delicious meal when in the CBD head here!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Convenient location
Maddi
Maddi

Don't miss the vegan cheesecakes!

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

Fabulous mostly vegan cafe in Adelaide city centre - delicious and reasonably priced food on an Indian theme and friendly staff too. Check out the desserts :-)

Pros: Desserts!, Food quality, Prices
veg.dan
veg.dan

Was a Joy!

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2009

Had something to eat here after a Mt Lofty hike and was very good. Wasn't over priced, was good food. I had a tofu burger with a nice cake that doesnt come to mind right now but it was rad. Took a little while to come out but I wasn't in a hurry so I didn't mind.

Pros: Good Food, Reasonable Prices, Good Location
Cons: Bit slow in service
Guest
Guest

Yum vego and vegan food

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2008

I was catching up with friends recently because I have moved back to Adelaide, and my vegan friend suggested that we go to Joy Discovery for a 'not-dog'. There were 4 of us eating there and we all had not-dogs, even though there was heaps of other great vegetarian and vegan food on the menu - I would really like to try their dahl next time.

The girls running the cafe were very friendly and the food was really delicious. The cafe itself is fresh and modern with lots of natural light and it was just a really great experience. I really want to go back but when I have tried to go back since, it has been closed (I'm not sure what the opening hours are, but I guess they only do lunch.)

I will now highly recommend this cafe to anyone who wants a healthy vegetarian or vegan lunch in a nice place with great staff and service.

Pros: great food, friendly service, reasonable price
Cons: down quiet side street
Linda
Linda

Joy Discovery

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2008

Always wonderful food, a peaceful, inviting and happy place to get a wholesome delicious lunch....It is a favorite!!!! The only thing that could make this a better place to dine is if you could eat there for a night time meal....but good on the staff etc for having a life.....and enjoying it. This is reflected in the meals they deliver.

Pros: food is exeptional, nutritious,generous serves, peaceful enviroment
Cons: opening hours
Anubha
Anubha

Joy-Discovery

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2007

Do not miss this one!!!! The food is truly outstanding - super fresh and absolutely delicious. The sweets are the best I've had any where but my favourite thing about Joy-Discovery is the divine peaceful atmosphere and the cheerful, loving staff. Keep up the great service girls!!!

Pros: service awesome, food fresh everyday, divine atmosphere
Cons: so good its hard to go back to work!, having to stop at one chocolate brownie

Dear Owner and Manager of Joy Discovery: