Jose's Mexican Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican restaurant has vegetarian versions of many entrees. Veggie burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, zucchnini tacos, veggie fajitas, potato flauta, spinach & cheese tostadas, veggie chimichangas, and chile rellenos fried, or baked. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
131 Sherman St
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140-3209
Now Open

Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm

First Review by jimbojonesbos

Wonderful Vegetarian Mexican Option

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

I love Jose's, I almost never get Mexican due to the ubiquitous use of chicken stock in cooking Mexican rice. All the rice here is vegan as are all the bean options so you can feel safe when ordering knowing there are no hidden sources of animal flesh. Staff are friendly and professional and there are often musicians playing live Mexican music. Excellent cocktails too. If you like Mexican but won't go out to buy it for fear of lardy beans and chickeny rice this place is for you. Oh yeah and the food is exceptional!

Pros: excellent food, friedly staff, great atmosphere

Delicious Vegetarian Options!

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2007

Jose's had the widest variety of vegetarian choices that I've ever seen at a Mexican Restaurant. I actually found Jose's off HappyCow, it's the cutest little place, but I would have never found it on my own. Be sure to try the black bean soup and I really liked the vegetable burrito, or the veggie combo plate (with tamales, chili rellanos, and enchilada - and the chilies weren't deep fried!) Very good food!

Pros: Good, authentic Mexican Food

Dear Owner and Manager of Jose's Mexican Restaurant: