Serves meat, veg options available. In downtown Austin, with surprising veggie and vegan fast food offering which includes a veggie hot dog, a veggie burger, and a vegetarian BBQ. Soy and rice milk available for coffee drinks. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
242 W 2nd St
Austin, Texas 78701
512-469-9003

Open Mon-Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by esestud
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

I wouldn't trust this place

2 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

We were hungry and without internet, so we stayed and ate here.

The guy behind the counter had no idea what was vegan, and he told me that the chilli dog was NOT VEGAN after checking with the kitchen....so considering the other reviews, make of that what you will.
They had a philly-style burger thingy which they assured us was vegan, using some faux meat (possibly jackfruit?) which we then agreed to share. I personally didn't actually like it, very tangy and messy (but I think a lot of american food is like that, and so is jackfruit).
But hey, we gave it a go, it was a nice sunny day, we sat out front with a drink and made the most of it.

I personally wouldn't return though due to their lack of knowledge and not trusting it.

Pros: sitting out front in the sun
Cons: confusion over vegan options, limited options
OceanLover
OceanLover

Pretty okay

2 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

I came here with my family of meat-eaters, because it all of us could find something to eat. I got the veggie chili dog; it was pretty good the only thing I didn't like was they put this "cheese" stuff on it and I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out if it was real cheese or vegan, so I didn't eat it,

Pros: Good drinks
Cons: Rude staff, The price
esestud
esestud

Not much variety for vegans, but filling

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2010

I had the veggie chili dog with avocados and fries, and it stuffed me really well. The burger patty (wheat roast) is not vegan because it has eggs, so either the chili dog or the eggplant sandwhich (supposedly) would be fine. Service was quick and they served a generous portion of fries, so it was quite filling. I would definitely consider eating here again if I happen to stop by in the future.

Pros: Food
Cons: Parking, Price

Dear Owner and Manager of Jo's: