Serves meat, veg options available. Fast food stand selling foods like burgers, sausages, and hot dogs. Has a vegan menu that includes vegan bratwurst, vegan spicy chorizo, vegan burgers, vegan chicken for tacos, and Tzay. Vegan sauces offered. The owner is knowledgeable about ingredients and sources of the vegan products. Happy hour with 2 for 1 specials 18:00-20:00. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by xemilx
Pfeffitron
Pfeffitron

Fast food - nothing more nothing less

2 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

It's a typical fast food place I would say. Don't expect too much!
The staff is friendly and helpful and the salad bar is a nice thing to top your garlic-y mashed potatoes or half fried fries with as much extras as you want. Also the vegan patties could be really tasty if they would only be grilled and warm inside, as well as the bacon but unfortunately it was only greasy fried and still cold inside. Maybe it was just bad luck but I couldn't eat it. Too bad to waste so much money on a disappointment like that but if you urgently need to eat and don't have another option... Go for it

Pros: Friendly staff, Menu option, Various vegan options
Cons: Preparation of food is bad, That's why taste is bad as well, Feels uncomfortable
falafelpunk
falafelpunk

You cannot simply walk past Jonsborg

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2014

Centrally located and with reasonable pricing and the best sallad bar. There is never a good enough reason not to grab something to eat from Jonsborgs kitchen.

kristinivarsson
kristinivarsson

Ambitious and inspiring menu

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

Jonsborg always has something new for the vegans! Lately they served tasty soft ice cream. They have a rich vegan menu - go there!

Pros: Many vegan options, Constantly developing the menu
rachelcotterill
rachelcotterill

Range of vegan options

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2014

Incredible range of vegan options for a fast food place! Nothing gourmet here but decent, filling fast food. I took the advice of other reviewers an went for the mashed potato option. The salad bar was a nice touch.

bananaspender
bananaspender

yay for vegan fast food!

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

You can take your non veggie friends here too and you both walk off happy. The vegan burgers were are really great but the french fries never impress me. However you can grab mashed potatoes in stead and thats really good.

Pros: friendly staff, vegan, vegetarian burgers plus for omnivores

Winterdragon
Winterdragon
  • herbivore

Awesome vegan fast food

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

A fast food place with lots of very tasty vegan options. Their mashed potatoes are excellent, as are the vegan cheeseburgers. Extremely generous opening-hours.

Pros: Good opening-hours, Fast and friendly service, Reasonable prices
kaosaloss
kaosaloss

Review by a local

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2013

Since I live in Gothenburg, I have eaten here several times. My personal favourites are their bacon burger and kebab with vegan sauce and mashed potato. My guess is that the kebab dish weighs around one kg, so it's a lot of food.

I personally don't like their fries; it has a metal-y taste to it. Their mash though is almost as good as my mothers.

It is pretty expensive for being street food, but on the other hand you understand why, considering the quality of the food and the variety.

Another nice thing is its opening hours; if you're out bar-hopping on Avenyn, this is the place to visit before going home.

They recently renovated the place, now it has indoor seating, but really it's just a counter with stools since it's crammed onto a traffic island.

Pros: Food quality, Variety, Location and opening hours
Cons: Somewhat expensive
bencamps
bencamps

The Worlds Best Vegan Fast Food!!!!!

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

Visited on 26th September 2012. My Girlfriend and I randomly met the owner the night before when we visited Old Corner (see the Goteborg listings). I asked him to recommend me something to have, he suggested the Kebab, Giorgia had the vegi bacon burger. I can honestly say that the meals we had contained the best faux meat I've ever tasted. The vegan menu here is sizable but in my excitement I forgot to take a note of all the other dishes. The guy who runs this place has in-depth knowledge and really cares about the products he is selling. There is a small area to dine inside what looks to be pretty new premises (it looks different to the picture listed, it's now a permanent building). I cannot recommend enough, I wish I could give it 10 cows!

Pros: Vegan fast food to die for, Knowledgeable staff, Very clean and hygenic
dagny70
dagny70

Great fast food!

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2011

We took the advice of the last reviewer, bought our lunch and sat on the steps of the Art Museum in the sunshine - bliss! Food was really tasty and each portion was made individually to our specific order - no pre-made burgers here. Two of the group had soy 'bacon' burgers with salad and vegan dressing, and I had the most delicious vegan bratwurst with mashed potato - yum! The vegan menu is displayed very clearly in the window and the chap behind the counter was helpful & friendly.

Pros: Lots of choice, Inexpensive, Tasty
Signal
Signal

Impressive choice

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2011

It is a great location, and impresses non-vegans with what it offers.

It takes a bit of time if there is a queue and then you have to think of somewhere to sit and eat, it. On a warm day, why not take it to the steps of Museum of Art on Götaplatsen?

On a cold day, at least it is the kind of food you can eat while you walk. Remember to say you want the vegan version of whatever burger or hot dog you order as they do meat versions as well.

Pros: Choice, Location
Georgina
Georgina

Fantastic little takeaway food place

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2010

I loved this place, there were loads of vegan options and there was a lot of information on it on the boards around the kiosks - which is always good when you think there's so much there that's vegan that you don't quite believe it! I had the bratwurst and the regular korv (hotdog), both were excellent, the special comes with mashed potato and the owner is really friendly and said their his homegrown potatoes and even they are vegan. He speaks some English too. I went back twice and would eat there daily if I could :-)

Pros: Value, Quality, Choice
Cons: Takeaway only
xemilx
xemilx

definitely worth you while!

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2010

i've been here more times than i can count, try to get to this place everytime i'm in gothenburg.
nice owner who really tries to get people to eat vegan.
looove the vegan kebab and the garlic or hamburger dressing.

the two for one happy hour is also one of the best ideas ever!

Pros: central, awesome food, happy hour
Cons: no seating area

Dear Owner and Manager of Jonsborg: