Jolo's Kitchen

Westchester County vegan food restaurant serving diner style sandwiches, Caribbean and Ital food, juices, soups, desserts, and more. Art-filled walls decor. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Caribbean, Ital, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Catering, Take-out
412 North Ave (Main St)
New Rochelle, New York 10801
914-355-2527

Open Mon-Fri 11.30-20.00, Sat-Sun 13.00-20.30.

First Review by MO_vegan
JeffGrippe
JeffGrippe

Our Favorite Restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

Jolo's has become our favorite restaurant. We never look at a menu. We sit down and let Jolo decide what to present to us. This has always been pure delight. Dinner usually consists of a salad, several dishes selected by Jolo, a smoothie, Jolo's beet ginger tea, and we take home some baked goods. This place is not just for the vegans but for anyone who enjoys well prepared food and friendly staff.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 28, 2013

We continue to be regulars at Jolo's. The food is always a delight. We always take home an additional meal or two. I can't say enough good things about this place. It is like being an honored guest in someone's home.

Pros: Jolo, Honest, Tania, Chemesch, The Food
GF Cookie Monster
GF Cookie Monster

Local Hidden Gem

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

Large portions for very reasonable prices. Friendly service. Many gluten-free options. Nice selection of cooked greens, whole grains, starchy vegetables, fresh squeezed juices and smoothies. They have rice and almond milk for people who are allergic to soy or just want something different. Some ingredients are organic (not all), and the organic things aren't labelled, so you have to ask about each item. I wish they would forget the fake meat and focus more on whole foods! The main item on the menu is a big plate where you get several large scoops of whichever dishes you want. So if you're not into fake meat, you can skip that and just get more veggies or rice or quinoa. Jolo's is great, but it's crazy that it's the ONLY vegan restaurant in this neighborhood!!!

Pros: Big portions, Very reasonable prices, Gluten-free options
Cons: Not 100% organic, Too much fake meat
Jayneemariee
Jayneemariee

Amazing!

3 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

My daughter, boyfriend & I tried it out for our first time last weekend. I recently became vegan and this was my first time going to a vegan spot. I told Jolo I was new to it and to suprise me with a dish of his choice. He gave me a hot dish of 5 amazing hot meals! Ny favorite was the chili :) Jolo was very welcoming & kind and his employee was as well! We also bought smoothies which were outstanding! Great customer service, amazing food, affordable and for the service alone I would come back and recommend to everyone!! Great experience :) Can't wait to go back!!! Thanks Jolo!

craigsutt
craigsutt

Excellent Vegan Fare

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2013

Limited menu, but everything is awesome. I had the macaroni and cheese with a spicy red juice. Very large portions and the prices are reasonable. The staff is very friendly and welcoming -- I'll be going back!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff
HannahP96
HannahP96

Perfection on a Plate

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2011

We ate here three times last week when business brought us to the area for two days. We ordered the largest sampler plate each time (which let us choose 5 items each), and everything was delicious. We especially loved the ginger chicken, the kale salad, the barbecue chicken legs, the mac n cheese, and the spinach dish. Everything was flavorful, and though we ate a lot of food it didn't leave us with a heavy feeling--just a feeling of balance and satisfaction. We also tried the fruit smoothies, which were perfect. The owners were kind and welcoming, and we enjoyed the music and the ambience of the place. Wish we lived nearby! (FYI this restaurant is within walking distance of the Radisson hotel--very convenient for travelers.)

Pros: Terrific food, Friendly ambience, Lovely staff

chickpeafreak
chickpeafreak

Fantastic

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

Our visit was so lovely. We had a sampling plate of everything in the buffet. It was real food. Real good. Huge portions. So tasty. It's a little off the beaten path but certainly worth the trip. Best bet are the vegetable dishes, though the analog meats are good, the vegetables were outstanding.

Pros: Inexpensive, Delicious, Unexpected
Cons: ..., ..., ...
fullyfokusd
fullyfokusd

Loved it

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2009

The food here is homestyle Jamaican (Rasta). Very reasonably priced. Nice atmosphere. Not to mention delicious. Will definitely return for more.

Pros: Delicious, Price, Friendly
MO_vegan
MO_vegan

Good vegan food, friendly staff

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2009

I had a sandwich and fries with a fresh juice, and got a piece of vegan carrot cake to go. Everything was very good, the staff was helpful and friendly and the music was nice.

Pros: Vegan, Fresh juice, menu variety

Dear Owner and Manager of Jolo's Kitchen: