CLOSED: Joie de Crepe

Serves meat, veg options available. Locally owned creperie specializes in gourmet crepes and waffles. Offers vegan and/or gluten free crepes. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Non-veg

First Review by vane1809
PennsyltuckyVeggie
PennsyltuckyVeggie

Denied

2 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

Don't count on vegan crêpes even if the chalkboard on the street is advertising them. At noon, on a football Saturday, when they had only 2 other customers and said they were out of the vegan batter and even an hour after we suggested they might want to remove the item from the chalk board, it was still there.

If you don't have it don't advertise it up on the street. We made a special trip downtown in the middle of crazy pedestrian traffic, bringing a big brunch hungry, just to finally try the vegan crêpes. We were greeted by a fellow (chef/owner?) at the counter who started to ask if we were dining in or wanting take out, he seemed to think better of it and yelled into the back for a young woman that she had customers.

The young woman, seated us and upon asking about the vegan crêpes she had to yell back to the same man who said they were out of the batter. What a waste of our time and energy. It's hard to say if we will return.

Cons: inconsistent, dull interior, lousy customer service
vane1809
vane1809

Uhmmm vegan crepes!

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

I had the best crepes of my life at Joie de Crepre! They have many vegan options and the chef Ran comes to you with wonderful suggestions! I had vegan white chocolate, caramel and nuts crepe; avocado, basil and vegan cheese crepe; and my mother had other amazing vegetarian crepes...

They are very generous with the drinks as well... I order the homemade tee, and for aprox 2 dollars you get a liter of the best tee in town...

I highly recommend this Joie de Crepe, you'll sure love the crepes and enjoy the great service!

Pros: Vegan options, Great service, Sooo tasty!!!
Cons: Location hard to spot

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Joie de Crepe: