Open weekdays plus Friday and Saturday evenings. Price: Moderate more-less

Vegan cupcakes uk
Vegan cupcakes uk

worth a visit.

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

Went there as we found it on happy cow and of course we had o pay them a visit. Got there and found that you can park out the front but with only a 30 minute parking allowed. Anyhow, We had the bean burger and chargrilled hummus sandwich, followed by the vegan cream tea. The food was good and so was the cream tea. But I would for sure recommend vegans to pay them a visit. P.s. Ask about the vegan pancakes :-)

Pros: Vegan cream tea , Good quality food , Spacious
Cons: need new outside tables
Lealeaprocter
Lealeaprocter

Never again!

2 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

We visited Johnnys cafe in May 2013 during our stay in Hayle and will never be going again. We had our 2 young children with us much to the distain of the lady serving. We were not greeted, just had a menu thrust at us, when it came to ordering I was sorely tempted to ask if a smile cost extra! My children were well behaved and polite, the lady could have done with a lesson in manners from them! He snatched the menu from my year old sons hands which upset him. The food was ok but expensive and the atmosphere was non existent. I'm shocked that people even go there!

Pros: Ok food
Cons: Expensive, Rude staff, No atmosphere
JacquiLove
JacquiLove

Great place

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

This is the best Veggie place in Cornwall hands down
Really up to date and airy space with a small shop for food and local clothing.
There is a menu to choose from plus panini's and breakfasts on the board as well as changing specials
Lovely coffee & my treat as I only ever drink Decaff & soya when I go out and this is really, really good especially if Claire makes it :)
It's not noisy either, busy but calm and relaxed

Love, love this place and yes still going*

Pros: Service, Food, Choices
Cons: Out of way, not open sundays

nightand
nightand

Vegan pancakes mixed berries and maple syrup Mmmm

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2010

Hayle has been a while catching up with some other parts of Cornwall (unless there's another veggie place there I haven't heard of) but now it's caught up with avengence. I'd really recommend this place.

The interior is light and airy, a kind of shabby chic with menus etc scrawled up on the wall... I mean, in a good way...

The menu is straightforward. I had a burger (5.95). Nothing ground breaking about a vegan burger I suppose. But this was pretty exceptional - a homemade burger, with exquisitely roasted vegetables as a garnish, in a beautiful brown grainy bun (I think they're organic from a local baker), and with some Thai style dipping sauce (you know, the rice-vinegar/chilli/sugar kind, it's simple but I love it and it's a great idea with non-Thai food). And it came with a proper salad. Not the wizened lettuce and spongy slices of tomato, but springy and fresh with plenty of mixed seeds.

Aha, but maybe you want to have the (vegan) soup (I had a sip of some watercress, good stuff), so that you have room afterwards for the vegan pancakes (4.50) with hot mixed berries and maple syrup. I don't know why you can't get this sort of thing in more veggie places... simple but spectacularly done.

I had the old decaf soya latte as well, which was probably better than most coffee chains.

There's some outside seating (but not much and not that secluded, better off inside I think, good vibe) and a little health food store annex. I think they may start opening some evenings in November 2010, you'd have to check. Hope the place does ok and sticks around!

Dear Owner and Manager of Johnny's Cafe: