Serves meat, veg options available. Pizza place with vegan cheese as well as fake meats for topping - call to check & let happycow know! Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Italian, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by LHFixer
lizbelden
lizbelden

Loved it!

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2013

I had my first Philly Cheesesteak at Johnny Rads. I've never had an omnivore version, but this sandwich was amazing. The 'steak' was tasty, the cheese sauce was perfect, and the roll complimented the filling perfectly. It was a huge sandwich. I had enough left over for breakfast the next morning.

Pros: Delicious, Huge portions
vandrewv
vandrewv

Love Johnny Rads!

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

I love this place, Chick'n Philly Cheesesteak is one of the best things I've ever eaten. Pizza is so good, skate videos, good beer. Perfect place pretty much. Going back again Friday!

Pros: Pizza, Hella options, good atmosphere
Cons: can get busy
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

As Good As I Had Hoped, If Not Even Better!

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

I had been wanting to go to Johnny Rads for a while now but didn't get the chance since it's in a neighborhood I don't venture into much, plus I heard horror stories about parking in the area (which were true, unless you risk parking at the Burger King across from it, which I am not gutsy enough to do knowing how anal Baltimore is about parking tickets and stuff). So, here's my review:

Food: 10. Super tasty! I went crazy and ordered a lot. I got a personal size El Gato pizza (aka white pizza) with Teese. I had never heard of a vegan version of white pizza, and it used to be my favorite type of pizza! This was very good, especially because it had the doughy type of crust that I prefer. I also got a "steak" cheesesteak (you can also get a "chicken" one) with fries. The sandwich was awesome and very realistic "meat" and "cheese" wise. I love One World Cafe's cheesesteaks, but I think this one was more authentic. The fries were good but nothing special. I got a vegan rice crispy treat, which was also amazing. My boyfriend got the plain vegan pizza, and I tasted it, and it was also very good.

Prices: 8. Pizzas are a bit pricey, especially when you get the vegan cheese (I think $3 more), but I was impressed with the price of the cheesesteak and fries and the rice crispy treat. Oh, and I had a vegan white Russian drink, and that was cheap by drink standards.

Atmosphere: 7. I like that they have a punk theme, but it's not an extremely overt punk theme... meaning, despite the punk posters on the wall, I didn't notice it. It was crowded despite being a weeknight.

Staff: 6. It took what seemed like forever to even get the waitress to come over to get our drink orders. To be fair, I was there as part of a Vegan Drinks event and so they may not have expected so many people, but it wasn't THAT big of a crowd. I didn't find the waitress to be particularly friendly or unfriendly.

Overall, I really liked the food and would go back because of it.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 22, 2013

Pros: Good vegan variety, Tasty food, Reasonable prices
Cons: Sucky parking, Sort of small inside

ohemgee
ohemgee

Loved it.

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

I went to this place for a small birthday celebration (mine), and this seemed like a place that would be good for both veg*ns and non veg*ns..and it was! I got the vegan pizza which was delicious!

Pros: vegan friendly, vegan pizza, nice staff
LHFixer
LHFixer

Really Good Food and Great Variety

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

Johnny Rad's is vegan on purpose if not exclusively. This is a really good bar/restaurant in Baltimore Canton Neighborhood. My wife and I went and had Vegan Sloppy Joes and a Vegan BBQ Chicken Pizza. Both were very good. Johnny Rad's captures the Canton atmosphere well and has a great selection of wine and beer.

Johnny Rad's is very family friendly. On Friday you're competing with the local canton hipsters and barflys, so we usually don't go then. They were voted baltimore's best new bar in Baltimore Magazine against some tough competition and it really shows. We plan on combining Johnny Rad's with Bowling across the street once or twice a month.

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent and inventive selection, Family Friendly
Cons: This stupid maximum of four rating

Dear Owner and Manager of Johnny Rads: