Cafe located inside the Jivamukti Yoga School is open to the public. Counter service with seating for over 50. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out
841 Broadway (13th, on the 2nd floor, downtown Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10003
212-353-0214

Open Mon-Fri 11-9, Sat-Sun 11-6.

First Review by button

a nice wholesome and simple meal

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

I really enjoyed my meal here. It was simple, the flavors weren't completely outstanding or very unique, but it was definitely good! I ordered a yogis choice bowl with spicy tempeh, brown rice, portobellos and avocado. It was great! (Mmmmmm the spicy tempeh!) but a little bit bland at first. Added a little soy sauce and ketchup and it did the trick. Would love to go back here, all the foods are very wholesome and I see a lot of potential here!

Healthy and Delicious Food

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

Cozy space to have a relaxing lunch or dinner especially after a yoga session. The food is very good and tastes great.
I love that they also have books and other yoga and workout accessories
along with sustainable, reusable eating utensils and beauty products.

Pros: Delicious Food, Relatively Quick Service, Healthy

Relaxed place in yoga studio

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

This place is somewhat like a cafeteria for a yoga studio. You order at the counter, then bring your food to a wooden table and bus your table when done. The atmosphere is relaxed and the food is very good and healthy. One thing to watch out for...the food is not inexpensive. It is not overpriced, but do not let the cafeteria feel lead you to forget that the bill can be as high as in a typical restauran?t

Pros: Tastes good, Relaxed, Healthy
Cons: Self service, Not inexpensive

Best Vegan Cafe on the Planet!

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2012

Fantastic food; ethical and sustainable; fair-trade; friendly and attentive service; immaculate -- Deserves a Five Cow Rating!

Pros: Great food, Fabulous service, Friendly atmosphere
Cons: none

Let's keep little gems like this alive!

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2009

the cafe was closed for a while, and I'm so glad it's back. It's healthy food, served and prepared with love. Simple and a great place to go if you want something low key or don't want to or can't spend the extra for wait service. the desserts are just OK to my mind - though pretty huge, but I love their smoothies, the dressings on the salads are delish. and it's a great healthy yoga atmosphere to eat in.

Pros: tasty and healthy food, calm atmosphere
Cons: can get overwhelmed by crowds

great joint

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2009

Aside from a $3.89 chocolate chip cookie (which was great but not worth 3.89), this was a great spot - comfortable cafe type - order-at-the-counter atmosphere, all vegan and mostly raw with a wide and creative variety of options for all sorts of tastes. Food was really tasty. No complaints - except for that $3.89 chocolate chip cookie.

is this place still around?

3 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2009

we went looking for it in late august, but when we entered what should be the door, there was a very narrow long hall and a guy almost "guarding it" from intruders (as us). it felt like a hotel or something, so we just turned and walked away.

• reignofchaos73 reignofchaos73

In case you are still curious, we are still around. You just have to walk past the security guard on the lower level and either walk the stairs or take the elevator to the second floor. When you pass the front desk on the left, you'll walk right into our cafe!

Perfect casual dining

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2008

This is my favorite place to get lunch. All of the food is excellent, and the portions are rather generous. What really sets this place apart though is the atmosphere and the fact that it is nicely hidden from the crowds of people jamming Broadway. It really feels like a hidden little jewel when you find it.

As for the prices: they may be slightly steep, but how else could they stay in business providing fresh organic ingredients, satisfying portions, and thoughtfully prepared meals? The service is also excellent, and the place is very clean & tidy. Very impressive.

Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing

Vegan Convenience

3 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2008

had the vegan mclovin...it was great...super expensive but very funny staff. too bad they dont do carob versus chocolate. but yummy!

Perfect Manhattan oasis

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2008

I was tempted to write a terrible review of this place so that it stays the peaceful, slow paced respite for Manhattan that it is, and all the people falling all over each other down at Whole Foods stay there. However, I thought better of it and here goes the truth. This is my new favorite NYC spot! It's a casual deli-style counter service place tucked in a yoga studio complex. The food is all super fresh and tasty. (I think my favorite might have been the brownie I had for dessert!) The staff we're kind as could be and they try to operate in a completely eco fashion - so all the dine-in food is with glass and silverware, the takeout food is compost-able bio-plastic.

Pros: Peaceful Atmosphere , Very fresh food, Wi-Fi

Dear Owner and Manager of JivamukTea Cafe: