A trendy vegetarian Thai restaurant that gives a twist to traditional Chinese cuisine with Thai herbs. Thai cuisine and desserts, too. Menu is mostly vegan. Chinese name is 京品泰味, address 台北市中正區仁愛路二段7號. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Thai, Taiwanese, Chinese
7, Sec. 2, RenAi Road, Zhongzheng District (Hangzhou South Road)
Taipei, Taiwan 100
02-2322-4954
Closed now

Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00pm, 5:30pm-9:00pm

First Review by cj the taniwha
kim2121
kim2121

Chinese-Thai Fusion Restaurant

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by this restaurant. I was expecting Thai food, but it was really Chinese food with some Thai characteristics. The Pad Thai didn't seem anything like Pad Thai to me; it was just Chinese noodles with a few crushed up peanuts on top. The green curry was good, but didn't have the distinct Thai flavor I was craving.

Overall, the food was good and the service was friendly (albeit slow). If you are in the neighborhood it might be fun to stop in. However, considering the price and the fact that I can find Chinese food anywhere in Taiwan, I probably won't be back.

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Service
Cons: Price, Slow Service, Not what I would call Thai food
seelim99
seelim99

excellent.

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2014

Good and tasty food. A biit salty for me.

sleggat
sleggat

Varied and tasty!

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2013

I don't often splurge on fancy vegetarian fare in Taipei, but this place is a real treat! A fave! Recommend going during the week where they have cheaper set meals.

They also have a takeout kiosk in Fuxing Sogo B2. These aren't ready-to-eat dishes though - you'll need to reheat them at home.

Cons: Pricey on weekends.

cj the taniwha
cj the taniwha

Excellent Veg Thai restaurant

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

This is an increasingly popular restaurant in Taipei and it probably pays to ring ahead and book a table. I took some omnivores who had not been to a veg restaurant in years and they loved it and want to go back. It has an extensive menu and while there may be some issues with communication as they only speak limited english there is a picture less and price less english menu. They have fake meat dishes for those who like it and veg dishes for people that don't. They are very knowledgeable and accommodating for vegans, although you made need to communicate this with something written in traditional Chinese characters. The pineapple fried rice, lemon 'chicken', pappaya salad, satay sticks were great, the rice noodles (too fishy tasting) and pattaya 'chicken' (lacking flavour) no so much.
There are not many options for Thai veg food in Taipei and I highly recommend it, they are really nice people and the restaurant deserves to thrive.

Pros: Tasty food, Large menu, Something for everyone
Cons: Bit pricey, No picture menu, Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Jing Ping Thai: