Jimbo's Naturally - El...

Part of the Jimbo's Markets in San Diego county. Large size, has a vegetarian-friendly deli, juice bar, salad bar, in addition to fresh organic produce, nutritional supplements and vitamins, herbs, alternative care products, books, bulk food, and more. more-less
12853 El Camino Real Rd
San Diego, California 92130
858-793-7755
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm

First Review by mrshmtaylor
bvanb
bvanb

variety and vegan sweets from scratch

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

For quick food there is plenty of variety; hot, cold, raw, beverages. My go to is the veggie burger- hot and vegan. It is torture trying to not indulge in all of the made from scratch Vegan desserts. The Coconut Curry is tasty when they have it. And the Veg soup is fresh tasting.

Pros: quality ingredients, helpful service
Cons: too many choices
vegette
vegette

this store saved this traveler

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

I was in La Jolla/Mira Mesa for a wedding and chose this place after a quick review of the Happy Cow iPhone app (THANK YOU COMPLETELY WORTH THE PURCHASE!!).

Instead of having to navigate my way through restaurants (and especially because I was on a budget), I came to Jimbo's, bought a bunch of vegan snacks and staples and brought them back to my hotel fridge so I would not go hungry for the short time I was here. I bought lunch to go, some snacks to leave in my car at the wedding in case there was nothing for me to eat, and snacks to take to the beach and to the airport.

Besides all the vegan grocery staples, they have an extensive deli counter with foot priced by weight (Quinoa Pilaf and Curry Tofu Mirage were delicious), there was also pre-made dishes you can grab to go and there is a sandwich counter with several vegan options. I was there way longer than I needed to be because there were so many choices I couldn't decide what to get. I wish there was a place like this back home, I would shop there regularly.

Lots of raw choices as well. Well done Jimbos. It could only be better if it was exclusively vegetarian/vegan.

Pros: Huge selection, Vegan & Raw, Very friendly staff
Cons: Large meat counter
LindaEatsRaw
LindaEatsRaw
  • raw

Beautiful and Friendly

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2009

I was wondering if I'd be able to stay raw on this trip to San Diego, but there was absolutely no problem thanks to Jimbo's Naturally in Del Mar (San Diego). What a beautiful store, friendly staff (I found San Diego in general to be exceptionally friendly), great selection, and they recycle. Unfortunately you can't wash and re-use the plastic containers due to health regulations, but they're offering the next best alternative: biodegradable containers. The only threat to my raw diet was the wonderful smell of the cooked food available in the deli. :) The salad bar had a truly exceptional variety of vegetables even including sunflower sprouts! And there was a juice bar right there so I even got to have fresh wheatgrass juice each day. The first day I bought my fruit for my breakfasts, bulk raisins and nuts for my snacks, and bulk wild rice and quinoa which I sprouted each day (in my hotel dresser drawer in containers I brought) and added them to my salads in the evening. There were also pre-made options labelled "Raw". I felt great all throughout this trip thanks to eating raw and had no trouble concentrating at the seminar as a result. Many thanks to Jimbo's Naturally!

Pros: friendly, great selection, kind to environment

mrshmtaylor
mrshmtaylor

I Love Jimbo's

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2009

I recently started working at a store right next to a Jimbo's Naturally, and just happened to stumble in one day on my lunch break. I LOVE IT! There's a great selection of to-go vegetarian and vegan/raw foods in their deli. I love the hummus wraps :) I've also had the blueberry blast smoothie, it was delicious.
As always, items can get a little expensive, but there are usually some great alternatives near by. Their prices on Ezekiel bread were the best I'd seen in the area.
Definitely walk in and take a look around. I think the one thing I noticed was that they didn't have a huge soymilk alternative selection. I don't drink Soy, I prefer Almond or Rice milk.
Oh, and they have reusable bags everywhere! When you don't get a plastic bag, you have the chance to donate your 5 or 10 cents back to a charity. How neat is that?

Pros: healthy cuisine, very friendly staff, large selections
Cons: prices can be high

Dear Owner and Manager of Jimbo's Naturally - El Camino Real: