Serves meat, veg options available. Every Friday an all vegan buffet is held from 11:30am-1:30pm. Throughout the week there are several vegan choices also. Upscale restaurant, yet the dress can be casual. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Buffet, Beer/Wine, French, Non-veg
900 Walnut St
Boulder, Colorado 80302
720-406-7399
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by JulieV
smasheasy
smasheasy

Vegans only eat on Fridays...

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2014

We were in Boulder, and searched Happy Cow for a good vegan restaurant option. The review of the Friday vegan buffet was great, but it was a Monday. We decided to give it a shot, and see what regular vegan menu items they had. Well, big disappointment. Basically, none! I asked our server if they could make something for us. She came back and told us "No, the vegan cheeses, etc. are frozen." Apparently, they are only feeding vegans on Fridays. Other days, we're out of luck. We left and found a great Japanese restaurant with many vegan options. See my review of Japango on Pearl St. As much as I love the idea of a vegan buffet, I think Jill's is not as vegan friendly as they pretend.

Pros: Nice Atmosphere, I guess, the vegan buffet idea
Cons: Not vegan friendly every day, No regular vegan menu items
JulieV
JulieV

Worth it!

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2013

The vegan buffet at Jill's is new and wonderful. I have been to it twice now and have been extremely pleased both times. There are SO many dishes to choose from. There is a table in the center of the room covered in various salads and side dishes, ranging from brussels sprouts to chick peas with fennel to edamame and cucumber with dressings that easily make these dishes delectable. At one of the table are always 2 soups to choose from, I can tell you from experience that they are always delish. You can then stroll up to a food bar area where you see chefs preparing the dishes so you never run out of options. While up there you can choose from the multiple pizzas (at least 4 different ones!), a panini, a pasta to order area with all kinds of options from ingredients to sauce to type of pasta. Moving on is the dessert table where they have vegan panna cotta, chocolate mousse, usually some type of cake like morsel, and a chocolate fountain with fresh fruit! Seriously this buffet is so worth checking out. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I would give it 5 stars if I could but since they do serve meat the highest I can give it is 4.

Pros: Delicious, Great service and staff, Abundant options

Dear Owner and Manager of Jill's Restaurant: