Serves meat, veg options available. This restaurant offers a veg hotpot option. Veg section is in a different part of the restaurant. The atmosphere is quiet located on a quiet street. Costs about 50 RMB per person. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Freegan Reich
Freegan Reich

not bad!

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2011

I got an amazing vegetarian restaurant guide while visiting the one listed veggie products shop here in Chongqing and noticed this listing- Jian Er Wen Hotpot. I decided to go, and it's bit pricey (for China!), but no one would stop hounding me asking if I'd had hotpot and so I finally went. The vegetable selection was absolutely incredible, and you can order the broth spicy or non. This would be the perfect place to take a large rowdy crew of veggies, though I would make sure you get a Chinese person to call and scope the place out beforehand (hours, make a reservation, etc.). The place was clean and lovely, quiet, and lots of fun. The point of hotpot is its social aspect. It was a really good experience, though I'm more focused on the food. You are paying for the atmosphere, but you will get full, and still be around the lovely Shapingba Distrcit for sightseeing, window shopping, or whatever else you want to do.

Pros: freshness!, understanding of the veg. lifestyle! , cleanliness
Cons: price price price!, oil! , more oil!

Dear Owner and Manager of Jian Er Wen Hotpot: