Lunchtime is vegetarian buffet til 1:30pm; other times a la carte menu. Large tables, able to accommodate groups. Address in Chinese 海口市国贸二横路申亚大厦三楼. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet
3F, ShenYa Building, Guomao Road (next to Bank of Communications)
Haikou, China
68557786, 66663628

Open Mon-Sun 11am-close.

First Review by kim2121
kim2121
kim2121

Delicious Veggie Food in Hainan!

4 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

What a great find for vegetarians visiting Hainan! I happen to like Chinese style mock meats, so I ordered some mock meat skewers, fried veggie rice, and a plate of sweet and sour veggies with mock meat. I loved everything, even the fried rice was well-prepared. With a Sprite the whole meal came to 82 RMB, which is not terribly cheap but very reasonable given the really large serving sizes and great quality. I took a lot of leftovers back to my hotel with me.

The restaurant is family style for dinner, so it is probably better with a group. It has a fun, more traditional Chinese feel to it. They use a picture menu on an iPad, so I'm sure you can order even if you don't speak Chinese. However, Chinese would definitely help here as the staff did not appear to speak English (similar to all of Haikou).

The service was very polite and the food was delicious. Definitely go if you're in the neighborhood!

Pros: Delicious Food, Reasonable Price, Central Location

Dear Owner and Manager of Ji Xiang Yuan: