Serves meat, veg options available. Middle Eastern food restaurant. Has several veggie dishes: stuffed grape leaves, falafels, hummus, lentil soup, sandwiches. Counter seating in the front, additional seating in back. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Gretchen Gehrke
cicadapotato
cicadapotato

So much deliciousness

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

The falafel, as others have mentioned, is the best. I'm also a big fan of their fattoush salad (I prefer it to their tabbouleh). The lentil soup isn't half bad. Very filling. Reasonably priced. Quick service. Been here too many times to count. :)

Pros: Quick service, Excellent falafel, Great value
Cons: Small seating room, Pre-made pita
KatieMae
KatieMae

Favorite Falafel in AA!

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2011

Jerusalem Garden has been my go-to place to feed myself and take friends for a long time. This is a small place with fast sit-down service and take-out available. In the summer they have outside seating too. Prices are really reasonable for the portion size. The falafel is the best in town and they make the only grape leaves I have ever liked. They do serve meat but the veg and vegan selection is a large portion of the small menu. My only complaint is that they don't make their own pita but the falafel is so worth it.!

Pros: best falafel, good prices, fast service
Cons: limited seating
samanthamuffin
samanthamuffin

Best Falafel in Michigan

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2010

I dare you to find a better falafel sandwich in Michigan. It just doesn't exist. I'm sorry, you can try, but you won't succeed.

Pros: Amazing falafel, Outdoor seating, Cute!
Cons: Very small inside, Teeny tiny bathroom

jevanses
jevanses

Charming and delicious!

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2010

Amazing falafel! I thoroughly enjoyed every vegan meal I've had here, and I love the option to eat outside. Good service!

Pros: inexpensive, healthy cuisine
Gretchen Gehrke
Gretchen Gehrke

Fantastic value!

4 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2009

I LOVE Jerusalem Garden!!! They have the BEST lentil soup of any restaurant in the area. Their portions are big and their prices are low ($5 for a big pita sandwich, etc). Their humus is incredible, and their mjadarra (sp?)is nice -- not as oily as other places. The servers are really friendly (though overworked!). In the summer, it's nice to sit outside.

Pros: good value, big portions, tasty
Cons: slow
Guest
Guest

Falafel from Heaven...

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2008

During my college days in Ann Arbor, Jerusalem Garden was one of my favorite cheap lunches. It is still the first place I go when I come back to town.

Not a vegetarian restaurant, Jerusalem Garden has more than enough choices for us vegetarians and vegans. The falafel is amazing, as are the stuffed grape leaves.

Don't forget to get a Turkish Coffee on your way out. It's a wonderful way to stay warm on a cool Autumn or cold Winter day.

Cheers!
Michael

Pros: Authentic Mideastern fare, Friendly staff, Super-fast
Cons: Very small dining area

Dear Owner and Manager of Jerusalem Garden: