Serves meat, veg options available. Current ownership since Nov 2013, replaced Hip Town Grill. Offers also a vegan menu. Vegan dishes are cooked and prepared on separated fryer, grill, and counter. more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Take-out, Non-veg
13 Jackson Rd
Medford, New Jersey 08055
609-714-8822
Closed now

Mon-Tue 11:30am-8:00pm, Thu 11:30am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm

First Review by cookiem
Studiokraft
Studiokraft

Great For Meals With Omni Relatives!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2014

We discovered JB Master Grill by searching the local area for vegan-friendly establishments, which is usually a tall order. We were planning a Holiday get-together with family members who are not vegan, and wanted to find a restaurant where we would all be happy. JB Master Grill fit that bill perfectly.

JB Master Grill is two half-restaurants becoming a whole. A traditional menu of cheese steaks, burgers and hot sandwiches is paired with a vegan menu containing the same items, both prepared in separate kitchens.

The owners are gracious and attentive hosts, going out of their way to make us all happy. The tapioca-based cheeses they serve with their vegan items are tasty and melt over the sandwiches and fries with gooey greatness. The pricing of the dishes is very reasonable.

Overall, we highly recommend JB Master Grill for its tasty food and friendly hosts.

atcovegan
atcovegan

Amazing Vegetarian and Vegan Food in South Jersey

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

Finding vegetarian friendly places in South Jersey usually involves locating which chain restaurant serves a "veggie" burger or a chicken-free salad. Steve and his family at JB are an absolutely amazing find. They have plenty of great food for meat lovers, but their accommodations for vegan and vegetarian diners are unmatched. On top of that, you can grab a bottle of wine or a few cold ones at the friendly store withing walking distance and enjoy it inside or on their outside seating area. Many of their foods are made in house, and everything they serve is happily made to order. I can't say enough good things about such a wonderful place. If you're looking for a super swanky, upscale place in Medford, or Voorhees, or Center City, you won't find it here. But, you won't find any of the pretentiousness that often comes with those kind of places, and that's what we loved. We'll be back soon and often. I posted this review over on Yelp, but let me assure you, this is a great option for vegetarians anywhere in South Jersey. I had the fantastic spicy buffalo vegan chicken cheese steak, and it was delicious. Steve and his family are wonderfully accommodating and I hope that they remain in the area for many years to come.

Pros: Exceptionally friendly staff, Every dish made to order, BYOB with liquor store next door
Cons: outdoor seating is parking lot side
MikeB9696
MikeB9696

Great Food and a friendly Atmosphere

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

We were surprised to find this little gem of a restaurant. Family and operated creates a quaint friendly atmosphere. There menu consists of American BBQ for Omnivores and Herbivores alike. I pleasantly surprised to such large Vegan menu in a small family place. There vegan menu was actually larger than at some vegan only places I have been to in the past. If you are in the Medford,NJ area I highly recommend stopping and giving them a chance.

Pros: atmosphere, menu, great food
Cons: too far from my house

cookiem
cookiem

Great find with incredibly accommodating folks

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

Who knew there would be this little treasure chest if fake meat vegan sandwiches? I think the owners are still trying to figure it out, but they are definitely open to changing up their menu and making whatever you are creative enough to ask to eat!

The vegan menu is all vegan, but many sides are also vegan like the quinoa, string beans, all the soups, fries, tabouli and bean salad. On the vegan menu, the chik'n is probably Gardein, then they have mock crab cakes, a burger, and fake cheese. It's pretty extensive in terms of how they will make it- wrap, quesadilla, ciabatta sandwich or salad, to name a few. If you would like more veggies just ask for it- even if it's a dish totally different than what's listed! I don't really like fake cheese, but I do love chik'n and boy is it done right here! Buffalo spicy??? Yummm!!!! Salads have beautiful mesclun!!

The food is prepared as you order it, so it's freshly made. That allows them flexibility in the items in the order! The soups are from scratch and delish.

They are genuinely nice and caring people who are more than happy to make whatever you want if they have it. It's like having way more than a couple dozen choices!

I give them 4 cows not because their food is stellar, but it's because of the service and willingness to make fresh food to suit your taste buds and predilections!

Pros: Service, Vegan menu, Accommodating as can be
Cons: Not super creative , No raw dishes, American style only

Dear Owner and Manager of JB Master Grill: