Operating since Nov 2010, this quick service vegan vegetarian restaurant offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, pizzas, soups, and internationally-inspired cuisine. Menu items such as faux chicken, pesto pasta, spaghetti and veggie balls, beef and sausage as well as a sweet potato-quinoa burger. Has gluten-free options. Also makes baked sweet potato fries. Order at the counter. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, International, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by MikelovesSarah
JeffBar
JeffBar

Great food, fun location

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

We chose a few items and had plenty to eat for a reasonable price. Great flavors. We sat at their tables on the sidewalk, which was a lot of fun (and out of the afternoon sun). The guy behind the counter was really helpful and friendly, making ordering easy. Looking forward to our next visit!

Pros: Plenty to eat for reasonable price, Great food, Fun location
MichaelBeasley
MichaelBeasley

Good food

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

It was great to see a vegan restaurant move into Ann Arbor, particularly one with a lot of sandwiches on the menu. The food is still good, but some items have been retooled, like the Wolverine burger, making it kind of disappointing. On the other hand, their menu has expanded with good exciting items since they opened.

Pros: pretty fast!, sandwiches are great
Cons: meat substitutes are sometimes uninspired
VegMomVA
VegMomVA

Great Downtown Location!

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

Like the fast service when I'm in a hurry on the way to work. Great pizza! Love the Daiaya cheese, and will be back with my friends. Clean facilities show attention to detail, so glad we have this local gem!

Pros: Downtown Location, Prompt Food Service, Clean
Cons: Only can eat there 5 days a week!~

jodielou
jodielou

Good all-vegan cafe in downtown Ann Arbor

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2012

My husband and I enjoyed lunch here this month and we were very impressed. This is a great spot for casual food and the service was friendly and quick. The menu is all vegan which is always a nice treat to know you can pick anything without hassle!

We chose two burgers: the Agave BBQ Classic and the Wolverine, which were served with coleslaw, banana chips and pickle. We also shared a side of baked sweet potato fries with balsamic ketchup.

Everything was fresh and tasty and they have a very extensive menu so I would love to go back and try out some more items next time we are in the area - the sweet potato gnocchi is calling to me! :-)

Pros: Friendly, quick service, Inexpensive, All-vegan yummy food!
veggietwin
veggietwin

Good fast food

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

We did take out, and the staff was helpful, friendly, and the place was so clean. The chocolate cake was some of the best I had ever had (to die for). We had good sandwiches, crab cakes, and pizza.

Pros: clean, great food, awesome cake
Cons: none
Guest
Guest

LOVE!

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

I leave Bay City just to come here and eat! I absolutely love it and would eat EVERYTHING on the menu!

Pros: staff, food, drinks
Chelsarrr
Chelsarrr

I Miss It Already

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

I loved this place so much. The food was great, service was excellent, and the place is cute and affordable. I can't wait to go back!

Pros: Tasty, Affordable, Great Staff
Petesternz
Petesternz

Superb option in Ann Arbor

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2012

I recently visited Jazzy Veggie, and was quite impressed. They have a really varied menu, with lots of yummy options. It wasn't one of my Top 10 vegan places, but I'd definitely go back again, and their mock Crab Cakes were exceptional. Everything we ate was very capably made and tasty. My daughter loved the Heart Smart sweet potato fries (baked, not fried) and I had two really nice sandwiches on separate visits. I was less thrilled with the pizza, but even that was pretty good, though not great. Overall, a nice stop in Ann Arbor, with friendly staff.

Pros: Friendly staff, reasonably priced
Strick
Strick

Comfort Food

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

I randomly went to this place about a month after they opened. I've been back a few times since (I live about an hour from there) and have not been disappointed. The food is always great and the staff is very friendly and seem to care about the food they put out. The staff will also explain all of their dishes/ingredients.

I also learned that they deliver which is a nice option if you live or work in that area.

Keep in mind this is a very casual dining place. While the food is good, the inside reminds me of a fast food place.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Good Location
Cons: Atmosphere
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Great Addition to Ann Arbor

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2011

For a casual restaurant, this place is 5 stars.

I can vouch for the burgers, coleslaw, plantain chips and sweet potato fries which are all delicious. Specifically, I recommend the Muffaletta sandwich which is a seasoned and marinated veggie protein patty (tastes kind of like a chicken patty), tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh sage, sliced marinated tofu, guacamole, a garlic olive oil paste and red pepper aioli on grilled artisan bread. Also amazing is the Agave BBQ Classic which is a veggie protein patty marinated in housemade agave BBQ sauce, red onions, shredded greens, tomato and vegan mayonnaise on a bun.

Casual fast food type indoor seating. Outdoot seating is nicer if u can get it. Very clean. Fantastic menu with good variety. If only I lived in Ann Arbor, i'd eat here all the time.

Order and pay at the counter and they bring it out to you when it's ready. Plastic cups, etc are biodegradable & they have recycling now. We were lucky enough to have the owner/manager wait on us and he is fantastic.

(The only thing I can think of that this place didn't have that I always think is a nice touch is a bowl of water outside for dogs.)

Pros: Yum!
samanthamuffin
samanthamuffin

All Vegan

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

I took myself out for lunch yesterday and decided to give this place a try. It was really easy to find and in a nice location. The inside is bright and cheery.

You place your order at the register and then take a seat while your food is prepared. Make sure to grab your own silverware and napkins. The food didn't take long to come out. I ordered the 'Bello with Sweet Potato Fries. The sandwich came with a pickle and small side of slaw. I wasn't a fan of the cole slaw. It was oddly sweet and reminded me of the flavor of black licorice. The fries were served with a delicious balsamic ketchup. The ketchup was awesome; the fries themselves were pretty good. They were baked, and some of them were a little undercooked, but I liked them a little al dente. The sandwich was amazing. It was served on two thick slices of bread. The portabella was cubed and not served whole, which made it very flavorable and easier to eat. There was a generous amount of daiya on the sandwich, which was nice. I loved the carmalized onions.

The sandwich was a little messy, so make sure to grab napkins! I will definitely go back and try the pizza.

Pros: Colorful interior, Great location, Yummy
DCSanford
DCSanford

Pretty good

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2011

Pretty good food. I really enjoyed what I had and there are a lot of interesting choices that I haven't seen in other vegetarian restaurants. The owners seem to have come up with some very original ideas and were very helpful and patient while explaining the menu items.

My 10yr old daughter had the "cheese" pizza. The crust was great, the sauce was OK but vegan cheese just doesn't do it in my opinion.

Suggestion to the owners: please try to be more green with the table ware options you have.
Vegan is not only for health and animal rights but the planet as well.

Pros: Great choices, Good original food, clean & nice atmosphere
  • happycowgirl happycowgirl

Thanks for your review! Owner must have read it b/c their plasticware is biodegradable now and they added recycling. Also, I just went from vegetarian to vegan and have some insight on the cheese thing. Vegan cheese just tastes different. It's like if you go from 2% milk to skim milk, you can taste the difference. But then you get accustomed to the taste of the skim milk and you don't like the taste of 2% anymore. With milk, you can go from Whole to 2% to Skim to Soy, Almond or Coconut. With cheese, the change is more drastic. In my experience, the only way to do it is to go cold turkey. After about 2 weeks my taste buds adjusted and now (gasp...I can't believe it!) I actually do not like the taste of regular cheese and prefer the vegan stuff.

Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

I have a new favorite.

5 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2011

I'm keeping my old favorites, but this spot sits at the top of my list with my other favorites. This menu is a great idea. I don't need to tell you here. Check out their website for the menu. Then try everything. It's all fantastic. They also have specials every night. They are very friendly and accommodating. It's 42 miles from my house, and I will be making the trip on occasions - just for Jazzy Veggie.

Satya
Satya

Finally an ALL-vegan restuarant in A2!

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2011

Jazzy Veggie offers many traditional "meaty" American sandwiches; my favorite is the barbeque "chicken." The faux mayo that it comes with is home-made and delicious.

I've taken meat-eaters here, and they had no complaints.

My only cautions are in regards to the pizza. Last time it was a little dry--perhaps not enough pesto on it? Pizza sauce may also help to add to it. I would also like to see a crust option made gluten-free.

The owner takes suggestions eagerly and new dishes are added regularly. Most importantly, the food is not dripping in grease or oil as it can be at other veg-friendly places.

Best option for vegan food in Ann Arbor.

Pros: home-made sauces, diversity of dishes, good faux meat options
Cons: meals are in $9+, pizzas can be dry
Karasullivan
Karasullivan

Great vegan food and service with a sincere smile

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2011

I've only been to Jazzy Veggie once, but I will definitely be returning whenever I visit my parents in ann arbor. I went with my mother, who had the daily soup special. I had the Spinach and Artichoke pizza, which was great but would have been better with daiya on it instead of an alfredo sauce. The other pizzas have daiya. Prices are reasonable, and it's obvious that the owner really cares about the restaurant. He took our order and brought it to us, and talked to us for awhile while we were waiting for our food. It's surprising that this is the only dedicated vegan restaurant in Ann Arbor, and I highly recommend everyone try it out! The only negative here is the soda fountain. While there are natural drinks and juices available in the refrigerated section near the register, the soda fountain has all the regular soft drinks (coke, diet coke, etc). It would be great to see a more responsible company's products in there. Overall, Jazzy Veggie is a great place with delicious food and it is a nice start to fill the huge void in the Ann Arbor vegetarian/vegan restaurant scene.

Pros: All vegan!, Incredibly friendly and attentive owner, delicious food with fast service
Cons: not the greatest location, soft drinks should be replaced
MikelovesSarah
MikelovesSarah

Wonderful and Delish!

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2010

It is a small like dine in area, very casual dining. The food was wonderful though. They have a lot of choices and the owner is always talking about new suggestions. They use that wonderful Daiya cheese for their pizza and their pizza crust is home made. Wonderful amount of options. It is about time this area got an all vegan place. The owner is really nice as well, not snobby like the folks at Seva.

Pros: Selections, taste, hospitality
Cons: Small

Dear Owner and Manager of Jazzy Veggie: