Serves meat, veg options available. A little fast food joint making primarily cheesesteak sandwiches in addition to other meat sandwiches and fries. Also offer a seitan menu with 12 variety of seitan cheesesteak. Vegans say no cheese! Also has chick-non sandwiches (vegetarian). Counter service. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
3285 21st St (corner of Valencia St, Mission District)
San Francisco, California 94110
415-285-5200

Open Mon-Sun 11am-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SynthVegan

Jay's Cheesesteak

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

LOVE the seitan sandwich! They don't have vegan cheese (they do carry vegan mayo), but the sandwich was so good that it didn't even need cheese!

This was also the perfect portable meal for my long flight back to Chicago. The employees were nice enough double wrap my sandwich so that it wouldn't leak and so that it would stay fresh.

In retrospect, I should have bought two sandwiches before I left because the sandwich was that good. The flavoring of the seitan was great. And the way it was cooked and sliced contributed a lot to the greatness of the sandwich. I'm sure if they added vegan cheese to the sandwich it would be out of this world. I will be back during my next visit!

Dear Owner and Manager of Jay's Cheesesteak: